1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MIssing VIDEO_TS file and how to fix

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by jones24, Mar 21, 2004.

1. jones24

jones24 Guest

Hello all. Ok the problem that I'm having is that I extracted a dvd to my hard drive with dvd decrypter now i'm trying to use DVD Shrink to shrink the DVD but I get an error that i'm missing VIDEO_TS.IFO file.
    I have the main movie files they are VTS_03_1 thru VTS_03_8 . and each is about 0.99 GB in size. I looked over the extracted dvd files and i don't have VIDEO_TS.IFO file and VTS_03_0.BUP. Now my question is is there any way and/or program out there where i can maybe convert the 0.99 GB files to .avi , MPEG or any other format. Or is there a way or program where i can try to get or repair the files I'm missing {VIDEO_TS.IFO file and VTS_03_0.BUP} . I appreciate any HELP that i can get and any ideas or tips. Thank You again.
    Sincerely Joneswoods1

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you have either the IFO or a BUP file for a given titleset you can simply copy and rename it. In other words, if you have VIDEO_TS.BUP, make a copy of it and rename the copy to VIDEO_TS.IFO. Likewise if you have VTS_03_0.IFO you can copy it and rename the copy VTS_03_0.IFO. Each pair of files is identical. BUP files are just backups of the IFOs.

3. sheryl

sheryl Member

I have a similar problem.
    I used DVD decrypter and Shrink successfully but now I'm trying to make an image file using Image Tool Classic and it says I'm missing the Video_ts.ifo file
    however, when I went to my Video_TS folder, I found the file it says I'm missing. I'm assuming I can't create a file with the same name so how can I get this program to see the missing file?
    Sheryl

4. Wiener

Wiener Guest

If you are missing either a VIDEO_TS.IFO file or VTS_01_0.IFO file, then you will have to recreate the file(s). This can be easily done by using IFOEDIT.
    Quick search on Google will find it for you.

Simply fire up IFOEDIT, then click on Create IFOs button, browse to the first VOB file and sit back and wait while the new IFOs are created. The program will have to read through the VOBs to determine the chapters in order to recreate the IFOs.

Wiener

5. vurbal

If you have the BUP file you don't have to recreate anything. Except for the extension, BUP files are identical to their corresponding IFO files.

6. Wiener

Wiener Guest

You are quite correct about the BUP file.
    However in my case I was missing both the IFO AND the BUP file.
    IFOEdit created a VIDEO_TS.IFO, a VIDEO_TS.BUP, a VTS_01_0.IFO and a VTS_01_0.BUP file.
    Very handy when I all I had were the VOBs.

Wiener

7. vurbal

That's true. If all you have are the VOBs IfoEdit is a good tool to use for it.

8. mlemacks

mlemacks Member

i am using infoedit v0.96 to create a video_ts file and get the following error "could not find any vob unit in the vob file". can anyone help with this. everyone else seems to have had luck with this program. thanks.
    mike

9. vurbal

You might want to try downloading the free trial of either TMPGEnc DVD Author or DVD-Lab and see if you can use either of those to create a DVD that way.

10. mlemacks

mlemacks Member

I found a post with the same error. fix was to change the file names to vts_xx_x. It worked to the point that it processed all vob files and then at the end I got the same error message in the previous post. should I change the last file name to something else so ifoedit will know it is the end? thanks for any help.

11. vurbal

mlemacks: Did you try either of the programs I suggested?