1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tevion High Speed DVD Maker/ Driver + Software Questions

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by 2xJ, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 2xJ

2xJ Member

Howdy there folks. Haven't posted here since 2006, no burning problems since then. :D

Anyways, I bought a Tevion High Speed DVD Maker from Aldi a couple of years ago. Bear in mind, I realize it's not great quality wise, but it's mostly for converting some old VHS tapes and they're already in shabby quality, so I am not really asking it to do anything magnificent.

My problem is twofold (questions are emboldened if you don't want to read my diatribe).

First, I have misplaced the driver/software disc. I've tried to dig up some drivers for it online, but most don't seem to work properly; similarly, the ArcSoft 2 software costs $99 to buy, even though I bought the thing at Aldi for $39 total. Right now, I can run it off of the two machines that I had installed it to way back when, but I'd like to put it on my new laptop for the added convenience of not having to disconnect my VHS from my media center every time I want to transfer some tapes. Right now, it runs off of my two desktop PC's. If anyone would be kind enough to share an .iso or .nrg disc image of the driver/software CD, it would be much appreciated, or alternatively, if someone could hotlink me to a place to download the proper drivers, it would be most welcome. (I apologize if I am breaking forum rules by asking for a .iso, I'm not sure if that's not allowed. If that's the case, please just edit that out of this post)

Secondly, I really dislike the ArcSoft 2 software anyways. But I'm having a hard time getting the Tevion cable to work with anything else. For example, I wanted to take some vinyl LP's and transfer them to .mp3 recently. I've used Adobe Audition (even when it was Cool Edit Pro) for ages, but it took me a good 2 hours to get the thing to recognize the Tevion unit. I actually had to have the ArcSoft 2 software open on the "Live" capture screen, but capture it in Audition. It's annoying as hell. Does anyone know of compatible software with the Tevion cable that will recognize it and allow me to capture the audio and video? I hate being chained to this ArcSoft stuff. Anyone had success with other programs?

Any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    2xJ

2. 2xJ

2xJ Member

Bump

3. hitme357

hitme357 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
  4. 2xJ

2xJ Member

Jim,

Many thanks. Do you have an email address I could contact you at?

5. varnull

varnull Guest

exactly.. posting phone numbers isn't sensible in a worldwide public forum.. I might just sign you up for about 50,000 telemarketing scams and make myself a few referral $$$'s XD

6. 2xJ

2xJ Member

Incidentally, I have found my disc. It was buried with some really old software for some reason.

So I think I'll make an .ISO just in case this happens again, and also if anyone loses their copy of the Tevion driver disc, please let me know here. ;)

7. atrick

atrick Member

Aldi has the Tevion High Speed DVD Maker package on sale this week for $19.99 in case anyone is interested. I'm going to pick one up and see what it can do for me... got a pile of old VHS tapes rotting away that I hope to still rescue!

8. scum101

scum101 Guest

home made fine.. any with macrovision will be no go.. without investment in yet more hardware.

Tevion stuff is good tho.. it will do pal/ntsc/pal conversion on the fly.. I like that.

9. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Regular member

This card works well with Pinnacle Studio 12.

10. 2xJ

2xJ Member

I'll have to give that software a shot, I've mostly been working with the Arcsoft software and Adobe Audition.

11. 27w

27w Member

i use only once this hardware TEVION highspeed dvd maker. pay 19.00 at aldi last week. i put a dvd movie in my dvd player and click on capture then i recorded to MY VIDEOS and from there i burn to dvd blank. well the movie looks ok but i dont have any sound or subtitles.but something else before burning i watch that movie in my computer and was ok it has sound and titles. well i have to learn how to use it.any advice is welcome.

12. mrthemeso

mrthemeso Member

I ironically lost my Install CD as well. Is there a way you can send me the files needed to make a cd so I can install it on my computer? I would greatly appreciate it.

13. strilby

strilby Member

Hi. I also have the tevion dvd maker. No sound. I was able to get the sound to work on the computer finally....downloaded another driver (WIN AVI video capture) as per advice online....now the audio will work on the computer screen but not on the dvd I burned....and I was so proud of myself!!! UGH! seems there has to be a solution since it will play audio on the computer....very frustrating. SEems like others have had this problem, someone must have figured it out??? Thanks for the help.

14. mrthemeso

mrthemeso Member

When I lost my cd and didn't think I was going to get a copy from anyone, I obtained a copy of Pinnacal Studio 10. I installed it and then after it was installed I plugged the Tevion cables into my laptop and it worked 100% perfect. Ironically, I just found the Tevion install cd today. Since I am seeing everyone having so much trouble with the cd software I am glad I didn't install it when I first got it. Try and get a copy of Studio 10 from somewhere. I think the edition of Studio is around Studio 12 or Studio 13 so you can pick up Studio 10 at a discount pretty much anywhere. Hope that helps. Let me know.

15. scum101

scum101 Guest

Nice find.. thanks for that info.

I wonder if any freeware pinnacle like software will work as well? Are you using the capture function?

16. jon05syd

jon05syd Member

HI Newbie

Can't believe there are others out there who bought the Tevion DVD maker . I only used it once. pc crashed, lost driver. Now I need to use it again, hence I am here. What do I need to get it working again.
    Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Cheers Jon

17. de1946

de1946 Member

I haven't used mine in more than a year. now I reloaded PVR Plus and try to capture from TV. I get video and no sound. Why doesn't it have sound. Doesn't make sense. Help!

18. Vege12

Vege12 Newbie

Hi 2xJ

Looking for my driver CD now. A long shot after 9 years but, do you still have the ISO available? How can you send it to me?

Veg!