1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ffds to divx?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by TheV, Jul 1, 2009.

1. TheV

TheV Regular member

Hi,

I have just bought a Iomega screenplay hd and i transfered some movies aNd anime.

now the problem is it will not play any of my anime so i checked and saw that the anime is a avi but with a videocompr. FFDS and the movie's Videocompr. Divx YV12

is there a way to convert the Avi FFDS to Avi divx of xvid?

Thanks in advance,

The V

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

The ffds (actually ffdshow) is a codec like H264/xvid/divx which some people use when converting to an avi container. My recommendation is to try avidemux or mediacoder (both are free) those 2 programs have converted every AVI that I've thrown at them. If avidemux can open the file, it can covert it for you, and the conversion times are decent on my amd x2 4800 (about 45 minutes for a 2 hour movie.

Most standalone players can play xvid or divx avi's only, the h264/ffdshow will probably not play on them.

I don't have any ffdshow avi's to test with avidemux, but I'm sure it can convert it for you.

3. TheV

TheV Regular member

thanks for your replay.

i tried avidemux it didnt work so im going to try the other one thanks again man,

the V

well i just tried MediaCoder but i cant use it on my laptop dont know why so i think i will give avi2divx a try thanks anyways

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I don't know. ffdshow (actually a set of filters, not codecs) should not have anything to do with it. Divx YV12 would appear to be the culprit.

To the OP try this app to re-encode to a more genereric AVI that should work:

http://www.avirecomp.com/news.php

5. TheV

TheV Regular member

thanks MysticE

i look it up i recomp my avi file and now it does say its a xvid but still my Iomega Screenplay HD will not play it i dont know why but i think its not even worth it anymore i searched like crazy but nothing helped

thanks again man,

The V

I HAVE FOUND IT

if anybody wants a good converter for your Iomega SCREENplay HD use
    Next Video Converter

it finaly Works thanks everyone for trying to help

The V

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  6. varnull

varnull Guest

BS.. ffmpeg will handle it from the command line .. read the wiki sometime XD