1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I put pics, images, graphics etc on Avery dvd/cd labels

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by helpingha, Jul 2, 2009.

1. helpingha

helpingha Guest

I burned a dvd movie and would like to put an image that reflect the content on the label, instead of scribbling on the disc. I don't know how to do that. I've got the 'DesignPro5 Limited Edition' Avery label program, but is at a loss as to how to get my own images on the labels. I already have a photoshop image that I want to use.
    The DesignPro5 seem to use (a)DesignPro Documents[*.zdl,*.zdp],(b)DesignPro 5.0[*.zdl], (c)DesignPro 3.5 - 4.0[*.zdp], (d)LabelPro 2.0 - 3.0[*.lpd] file of type. I hope this information is helpful. I would
    really appreciate if someone have some answers. I have been trying to make this dvd for a 8yr old kid for the last week.
    Thanks.

helpinghand.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't print CD labels - I use printable CDs, but I did use that program.
    After calibrating the printer you select the step by step Wizard and choose a label.
    I used Staples Brand SIWD180 labels which is an Avery 5931.
    The next step was to select a design.
    I selected the first one and removed the graphic, contents, title and name then replaced the background with a .bmp or .jpg which had been sized to 120mm.

[​IMG]

3. helpingha

helpingha Guest

Hi, Thank you. You know this is the very same label(format) I used. I eventually figured it out by doing 'insert image' and took the file on a flash drive to Staples to have it printed in color, and they could not open it. I was told I had to save the file as a 'tiff' or 'jpeg' or any of the photoshop file types but Avery does not give you any options on 'file type' other than their own. So I am stuck again. I know there has to be an easy way to do this, I just don't know it yet. Next time I'll use your method, it seems simpler.

4. attar

attar Senior member

When you click on 'Replace current image' a sub menu appears offering many different formats.

[​IMG]