1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't backup insanity dvds by beachbody

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lmlxzad, Aug 2, 2009.

1. kevinn693

kevinn693 Member

The solution from rage523 seems to work.

1) run anydvd version 6.5.7.4 or higher (will remove encryption)
    2) use dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0, mode: ISO, read (extracts ISO)
    3) burn ISO to disc using PowerIso 4.3 or higher
    one note, set DVD decrypter to run slow and quiet.

BUT, here is the issue that I'm having...
    I ripped all the ISOs and burned them. They ALL have the same behavior is a DVD player:
    - The PLAY screen comes up (hit Play)
    - Then the Audio question comes up (hit Play)
    - Then the first chapter appears: it's black and does not play
    - The first half of the disc (many chapters) do this, but if I skip ahead to about the middle of the disc, the remaining chapters play fine. They all do this. So I basically have the last half of each disc.
    - I tried a different burning software ActiveISO with the same results. That suggests that it's not the burning software.

Any ideas??

2. maceira

maceira Guest

yes kevin the only program u need is dvdfabtrust me download it

3. kevinn693

kevinn693 Member

maceira - thanks for the tip

I downloaded the latest version of DVDFab (6.2.0.5). At this point, all versions of DVDFab are non-CSS. So they cannot open ANY DVD that includes CSS protection.

I did some research and found a "hack" - basically a .dll file that you place in the DVDFab directory. I was able to find the DVDFabEIO.dll and place it correctly - but the program still displayed the error: "The disc contains CSS protection. This version of DVDFab cannot copy it"

I also found a very old version of the program, circa 2003 - version 0.17.0. This program errored out (and shut down) when starting to read the disc.

So - do you happen to have a version of DVDFab that can read CSS discs? Thanks - sorry for the trouble.

4. kevinn693

kevinn693 Member

SUCCESS!

Here is the solution - thanks to maceira and rage523 for their insight. This is a specific solution for making a backup DVD of just the "main movie". You'll have to experiment if you want the menus, titles, etc... I'm running WinXP.

1) install and run anydvd version 6.5.7.4 or higher (will remove encryption)
    2) install and run DVDFab (latest version)
    2a) find and place the DVDfabEIO.dll file into the DVDFab directory (this step may not be needed, not sure)
    2b) ignore the warning telling you to disable AnyDVD
    3) In DVDFab, do the following:
    - insert DVD
    - anyDVD will do it's thing automatically
    - DVDFab will then recognize the disc
    - select "Main Movie"
    - SOURCE: find the source VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD disc
    - TARGET: specify the target directory for your video files
    - TAKE THE DEFAULTS, click NEXT, NEXT

That's it. Then use the DVD burning software of your choice. I used GearPro. At this point, it's just like making a DVD disc from a VIDEO_TS folder.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. maceira

maceira Guest

well i dont know cause i did it as easy as eating a piece of candy lol but well if it didnt work for u im sorry

6. Storm2879

Storm2879 Member

anybody here from NY i am in the bronx i bet i can ripp those dvd's

7. dmoyers

dmoyers Member

Wow! The first time in a while that I have run into something like this. Maybe Hollywood need to hire these people. Hell, these disk wont even show up on either drive in my desktop. I may have to flash the firmware or ? I normally can get anything backed-up with AnyDVD, Shrink, Decrypter or DvdFab...

8. Dizzle22

Dizzle22 Member

@ Rage Would you make me copies of your back ups and send them to me for a price. let me know at AntDeezy02@yahoo.com please and thank you

9. Fieldsdj7

Fieldsdj7 Member

I just got the Insanity discs and cannot make backups for anything. I did manage to backup one of the discs and it worked on the computer but when I put it into a home dvd player it started skipping really bad and would jump around alot. I'm getting ready to try the above from kevinn693. I'll post my results. Has anyone had results with it?

10. 5nichters

5nichters Guest

I am not a copying expert but, I used 123copydvd and had problems at first. Then I tried the tab "copy movie only" and it worked. I don't have the menu but they play well and don't skip. I hope this helps. :)

11. dethkytwn

dethkytwn Member

I got it to work fairly easily for me.

I ran AnyDVD 6.5.8.7.
    I used DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 in ISO Mode.
    I used Magic ISO 5.4 to burn the ISO image to the single layer DVD.

No issues. Menus all worked, video was in order, quality was great. Looked exactly like the original disc.

Enjoy!

12. Dizzle22

Dizzle22 Member

I've been able to copy them great. I have them exactly like the originals, with same menus and titles and everything. If anyone wants a copy of the set, let me know.
    AntDeezy02@yahoo.com subject insanity

13. ttfb05

ttfb05 Member

@kevinn693, I've tried that but the video shows scrambled. Does yours do the same?