1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 - Will it Work in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by katydidit, Oct 24, 2009.

1. katydidit

katydidit Member

Hi All:

Re-installing my operating system from Windows XP Media Center 2005 (SP 3) to Windows 7.

I have Nero 6 and love it because it is light weight. Will it work in Windows 7?

If not, what are the alternatives.

Thanks, katy

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Burning Rom in Nero 6 (6.6.0.18) definitely works in Win7.
    Win7 moans upon install and each time you fire up Burning Rom but it works fine for me. Can't vouch for other parts of Nero though as i only use Burning Rom

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  3. dookus

dookus Member

Hi katydidit.
    Sadly no ... I was hopeful as Vista did not support it and that placed me back using XP... but I'm committed to 7 now and have tried and searched and to no avail.

4. creaky

Did you miss my reply ?

5. dookus

dookus Member

I take back my previous post .. I had it installed and did not push past the nags ... I have and yes .. ignore the nags and it burns

6. Dornax

Dornax Member

Creaky,

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 loaded. I was previously using XP and burned my DVDs (avi and wmv etc) with Nero 6.. loved it. I saw this thread and installed Nero 6 and pushed past the "not compatible" warnings and it installed fine. However, when I go to burn anything, it does in fact say Nero Burning Rom is not compatible with this version of windows.

The Nero screen loads briefly then disappears. Thus I cannot burn anything or use any option in Nero 6.6.0.18 as you said it worked for sure.

Any help any of you can offer would be amazing!

Thanks so much!

Always,
    Brian

I installed Nero

7. creaky

I just fired up Nero6, i get this box pop up ~

[​IMG]
    ..i just click on 'Run program' and it works fine.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  8. Dornax

Dornax Member

Creaky,

That's the exact same box I get, except when I click run program, Nero then goes briefly to the option I selected, then disappears and I am left back at the Nero screen I started with.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I really don't want to have to upgrade if at all possible.

Thanks a bunch for your time and help!

9. creaky

'fraid I don't know what to tell you, all i did was install the version i always use on XP and it just works, i don't mess with compatibility or anything. It's Enterprise Edition, but i don't think that should have any bearing on it.

edit- if it's only Burning Rom you need can't you just use Imgburn ?, i use both Imgburn and Nero. The only reason i keep Nero is for multiple concurrent burns of the sama data as Imgburn can't do that.

10. katydidit

katydidit Member

Hi Creaky, Dornax and dookus:

Sorry I haven't posted a reply until now. For some unknown reason I wasn't receiving any alerts to my postings!? It appears to be back working again.

I haven't, as yet, installed my new Windows 7 because of a few compatibility issues. I was waiting on some of my software manufacturers to post new drivers. I probably will try and get it done this week.

If for some unknown reason my Nero 6 fails too, what burning software can be used for CDs, DVDs, etc. in Windows 7. You mention that ImgBurn is just for ROM.

Thanks, katy

11. creaky

Hi there. Imgburn can allegedly burn almost everything out there. I say allegedly as i haven't used it to burn audio cd's from mp3's, for example. It states everything it can do on the homepage ~ http://www.imgburn.com/
    As i say, the only thing i know of that Imgburn can't do is multiple concurrent burns of the same data, i use it very often to burn single copies of dvd movies, and the only reason i haven't tried it for other things as i'm lazy and just fire up Nero to do audio cd's and data dvd's/dad dvd's full of AVI's

12. flyboy25

flyboy25 Member

Hi Creaky

I was reading you replays.I havent posted in awhile,i was using XP
    with nero 6,it always worked great.I have a new machine now with VISTA
    i havent installed any of my backup software yet.Now correct me if iam wrong.But you use to have to install you decorder,shrink,then nero.If
    my nero 6 doesnt work with vista and i want to use Imgburn,do i need to install the same way.

Thanks Flyboy

13. obie10

obie10 Member

i use prasi ones suite far beter than any nero burning rom and can do lots of other things

14. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest