1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd Shrink replacement?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by johnjh, Mar 2, 2010.

1. johnjh

johnjh Member

Is there a functionally equivalent replacement for DVD Shrink that is just as good and actively being maintained???
    Thanks
    -J

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Nero Recode 3 and 4

3. wedge1967

wedge1967 Member

at this time I think DVDFAB 6 or 7 are the best out there, with very little problems in reading incrypted movies its easy to use and best of all it works well.
    go to *link removed*

edit by moderator - for DVDFab see Berryone's signature in post#2

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  4. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

These days shrink is purely a tool used to resize already ripped iso images.. it's a tool which is very useful sometimes.. especially with outside sourced disk images. there is no specific "replacement" for it's usual function of shrink to fit disk images to disks.. looking at the deconstructed code of dvd-fab that uses a chunk of shrink code tied to a new psl dumper, menu rationaliser and a chunk of dvd-decss.. so it's still there and in use in current applications.

whoever said "nero recode" is an idiot.. shrink will do the same job faster and with less bloat.. and for free .. plus it doesn't rip anything... shrink will do disks released up to about 2004/5 without much trouble most of the time.. after that date use dvd-fab (free is fine).. then free shrink to make it fit on a s/l dvd.

everybody wants "one click" garbage.. I prefer to have control of every step so I can get it right without wasting hours for something which isn't as expected (never EVER auto burn a rip without checking you have a working image first, unless you don't mind throwing useless disks in the bin all the time)

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Varnull????

6. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

under my real music business name .. at last

7. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

For many, including myself, DVDshrink is still an indispensable tool..These days DVDfab is my current/constantly updated ripper..
    The so-called "one click" garbage" apps, work for many..And since none of us share EYES or EARS, quality or "garbage", is still and always will be in the eyes and ears of the beholder..
    To each their own!..