1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvb monkey warning

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Mar 5, 2010.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

.img for dm500, .nfi for later models

2. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

Good man Fintan, I was'nt sure. I'm not familiar with the 7020, and now just waiting for my 800 to arrive, which incidentally I didn't order from dvbmonkey !

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

is it a clone or real dm800. i have the clone and did wish that i had got got the real thing. however i do have a patched version of nabilo 0.11 and its just the best ever image. even if you get a clone it will likely have a bootloader higher than 72 in which case you will be able to use nabilo 0.12 which is without doubt the best image available today. though i have heard that the dream elite nabilo image is pretty cool too.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

also i hope you didn't get one with an integrated hard disk as the unit will melt and will most definitely melt any card in the card reader. i use the esata interface to connect an external 1 Tb Lacie hard drive. it works really well

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Piopat, it should recognise the 7020 as a 7020 not a 500 dreambox. so its no wonder the flash fails. this does strike as an internal eeprom issue on the main board. as i suggested please disconnect all boards other than main board and then try to reflash

6. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

It's a clone alright....cant afford the real deal.
    It has bootloader 75 so should'nt be a problem
    No hard drive, everything is repeated so often theres no need to record it, and also gonna use a smargo card reader to avoid hassle with card melting.
    And it's shipped from a UK dealer, so no customs charges either, and if it does'nt work, I dont have to ship it half way around the world for warranty work.

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

will unlikely need smargo if u don't have internal hard disk. other issue with smargo and dm800 is that its very difficult to fit it in the usb port when you have network cable connected to the dm800 as there is not enough space. i've written about this before. the layout of the io ports at the back of the dm800 is savage bad

8. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

The fact that it's a clone makes me not trust it at all, thats why I ordered the smargo, not worried about it fitting directly into the USB, I plan on using a USB A/B extension cable to sort that out.

I can imagine the phonecall already...............my dog melted my viewing card...................LMAO.

Piopat, sorry mate, not hi-jacking your thread, makin sure it stays at the top.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  9. piopat

piopat Active member

sorry fint my brain is still in dm500 mode ,yes it says dm7020 in dreamup .any way good news i had a look around last night and came across a forum that has a thread containing what looks to be just about every dreamup ever made . i downloaded the first 4 to my usb stick and unzipped them ,i tried the first one (no good )tried the second one and its working been flashing now for about 10 minutes or so ,it will take 32 minutes so it will done i hope about 8.45 .and fingers ,toes and everything else crossed that all will be ok. ill let you know what happens guys.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

cool, let me know the dreamup version you mention if its successful. good for you

11. piopat

piopat Active member

its 1.3.3.4 fint ,i cant understand why the version you gave me never worked that also was 1.3.3.4 ,but it worked so the box is up and running thank god (i got a few more grey hairs now ha ha) now all i have to do is set up cccam.cfg (the new box will be my server) and get the smargo working with it ,and im done .im not going hd just yet ill wait about 12 months then get a few hd boxes ,ill pm you a link to the dreamup downloads fint ,thanks for all your help mate and also thanks myloyams .talk soon guys.

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

have found similar problems be times also. seems like a comms issue every time. if i just reboot my pc it seems to clear the comms channel. anyway good stuff. so now you are mad happy with dvbmonkey????? by the way did u get the 7020 or the 7025 plus. while i have the 800 hd, i wud much rather a 7025 dual tuner solution which reflects sky+ rather then the dm800hd or the new dm500hd. for the normal user its juts nice to be able to record while watching other channels. so keep that in mind when you are considering ur next box