1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate as far as im aware sunray is a dm800 clone so you can use a dm800 image but you need to know the sim and bootloader versions of your box .its also possible that you bought a box that comes with a suitable image ,well with any luck .

2. smilapee

smilapee Member

Well I ain't brought the box yet I was looking on satfools website and there was so much different boxes which one do u recommen! one which I can record on, that one was about £150

3. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate to record your box needs to have a hard disk drive ,most of these boxes dont come with a hard disk drive as standard so if your buying a dm800 and want to record you will have to pay extra for a hdd so the prce would be nearer £200 . and a dm800 only has one tuner so you can only record the channel your watchng .

4. lewington

lewington Member

Hi Piopat. thanks for all the info so far mate. I sent you a pm with a question

5. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate your very wellcome , i just replied to your pm .

6. smilapee

smilapee Member

■HD DVB- receiver Sunray DM800 SR3
    ■Tuner: Three-in-One DVB-S2/C/T, Tuner can be used at the same time.
    ■Powerful receiver for digital TV and Radio programs.

Specifications:

■SIM 2.1
    ■84 bootloading
    ■300 MHz MIPS Processor

is this a good box to buy

7. maza1965

maza1965 Member

hi piopat and all can i ask iv setup the box for internal use but do i need a dyns name for my brothers house or can i use my ip address and also when my card is in the box will it update by itsself or will i have to but it back in the box to update any help thanks

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  8. piopat

piopat Active member

hi maza you will need a dyndns or no-ip hostname linked to your box unless you have a static ip address ,usually phone companies only give (well sell) these to people with their own business . so if youve not got a static ip address then yes you have to open a port on your router /open a dyndns.com or no-ip account (dyndns.com is no longer free)/you have to create a dyndns.com or no-ip hostname /download the dyndns.com or no-ip updater .

the card will update while in the dreambox but its no harm to pop the card back in the sky box overnight maybe once or twice a month .

9. maza1965

maza1965 Member

thanks for ur help piopat throught so as put a line in my bro`s box and won`t connect

10. piopat

piopat Active member

hi mate well you can share with him but as i say you need to open a port on your router ,you can find instructions for this at http://portforward.com/ .

and you have to open a no-ip account and create a host name ,and also you must download the no-ip updater ,you can do both here http://www.no-ip.com/

11. maza1965

maza1965 Member

thanks piopat got to admit m8 great tutorial got it up and running fist time and thanks for all ur help

12. piopat

piopat Active member

your very wellcome mate im just glad that my tutorial is helping people .

13. Ronaldo33

Ronaldo33 Member

Hi Piopat, Some great instructions out there well done.

I ended up getting a preconfigured DM500 so there was no need to flash or anything.
    But I have read all of your tutorials inside out just in case.

I would like to know one thing that i'm finding hard to understand.

Do we have to pay for a C or N line from a pay server?

Can you turn your own DM into a server and just use it for yourself with a dydns account?

How does this part all work?

I'm just wondering because purchasing a line from someone else can be costly throughout the year.

Thanks.

14. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

ronaldo, either you pay for a C/N line or you pay s#k, which is going to be more expensive??
    the box must be linked to a payed for card one way or the other.

15. Ronaldo33

Ronaldo33 Member

Thanks for that.

16. ricey

ricey Member

When I clicked on "Automatic Transponder Scan" the screen just turns black and the power turns off, there is no lights on the DM500s

Turns out its the power cable. I read that the power cables on the clones is very poor

Took me a while to discover that, so good information for someone who has that issue

The DM500s turns off or turned off randomly at times and would not turn back on

17. naz07

naz07 Member

First of all this has been great and a top tutorial from piopat it's been working for over a year now but one problem I have come across is that the card gets disconnected I have to ring up and get it reconnected again from **y and make some excuse up is there any way around this or something I'm doing wrong that the card gets disconnected its happened 5 times now.

Any help greatly appreciated.

18. piopat

piopat Active member

naz are you using cccam ? cccam 2.1.3 should update your card for you with no problems ,but what you could do is pop the card back in the skybox once or twice a month and that would do the job aswell .

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

the problem is not that your card gets disconnected. the problem is that your entitlements on your card are not getting updated. the reason for this is that you must set one (and only one of your users, normally a frequent user) with the authority to update card entitlements. Its an issue that still confuses me in that the server for some reason cannot update his own card entitlements but such is how it works. So if you look at your flines in cccam you will see for example syntax

f: user pass 2 0 0 {0 0 2}

change the syntax of a regular user to

f: user pass 2 0 1 {0 0 2}
    instead and now this user will be allowed to update your entitlement info

20. naz07

naz07 Member

Hi pat bit weird this I'm using a dm800 clone with Gemini image that had ccam on it on screen it says ccam2.1.4 but when I look at ccam.cfg file at the top it says 2.1.3 bit confused to which It is.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013