1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help-my dvd keeps repeating the first chapter?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GAngel671, May 16, 2010.

1. GAngel671

GAngel671 Member

I used ConvertXtoDVD 3 & I'm betting I screwed up with the settings somehow.When I go to play it in my DVD player it plays but it keeps repeating the first chapter.What exactly should i have for my settings when i fix it?I've read several how to use guides-but none answer what i need help with.if i can provide more info to help with-let me know:)

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. GAngel671

GAngel671 Member

ok i tried my disc that i burnt on my comp-it plays fine there-so i'm guessing it may be the dvd player? i have an Apex Model AD-500W(at least that's what is on the front of it).I found this & i also checked my manual-still couldn't figure out why it was repeating on the player.another burnt disc using WinAvi Video Converter version 10.0 had sound that skips in the dvd player-but fine on the comp. is this normal or weird? how would i fix this?

3. GAngel671

GAngel671 Member

the one that was repeating the same scene over seems to work in my Playstation2 though lol.i had forgot that those would play dvd's.so that'll be fine:)

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well I don't use the program that your using so I am not totally familiar with the settings you can access But it sounds like something Kaflooey in your menu - You may want to try Just Backing up the movie and nothing else and see if that works { No Menu's , Bonus Features , Deleted scenes ect... } IF that's how you've done already well You got me there ? Good luck my friend

5. GAngel671

GAngel671 Member

what would be the best type .avi converter to DVD's then? starting to think my DVD player is just stubborn.

6. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

Why not update and use ConvertXtoDVD 4. I use it alot especially to construct home videos or to change from avi to dvd. Never had a problem with it.

7. GAngel671

GAngel671 Member

ok i'm updating but i forget how do i find out if my DVD player & TV uses the PAL or the NTSC Format?

edit

i think it may be PAL because it says to hook to this type tv = NTSC or PAL/3.58 it also says Apex dvd players are PAL

Last edited: May 17, 2010