1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert XBOX 360 .iso files to Games on Demand format

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by nrk4594, Jul 23, 2010.

1. PedoJuco

PedoJuco Member

I am getting the exact same error on my Win7 64bit PC. It's the first game I try (Kinect Sports Season 2). Any help is appreciated.

2. 7lym

7lym Member

hello guys,
    i am having some problems with actually coping the game Blazing Angels II from my 8GB USB flash drive to my xbox HDD.(JTAG)
    when i insert the flash drive, i go to System Settings->Memory and i have only 2 options:
    "configure now" or "customize"
    i tried both of them, the first one reserves all my storage capacity of the flash drive and makes my USB be available only for xbox(i have games, music etc sections if i access it after the formatting), and the second one just reserves a small amount of free space to be readable for my xbox, but in none of these situation i can see my folder with my game(again, the game is correctly "made", step by step, and put on the flash drive).What can i do? how do you guys actually copy the game to the xbox HDD?or the flash drive must be first configured(formated for xbox), and then the game, via iso2god, to be put in there, somehow iso2god "breaking the xbox barrier" on my flash drive?
    Thank you so much^^

3. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

Do you have a jtag? this only works with a jtag and you use xex menu to copy the game to the hard drive or atleast that is the easiest way If you only have a flashed dvd drive without a jtag it will not work as stated above. the usb stick just needs to be formatted to fat 32 and put it in after you load xex menu then copy and paste in content/00000000000000000 on your hard drive. xex menu allows you to see all the individual files and partitions on your xbox360. it can be done through your pc to but its a lot harder to explain and still requires a jtag to see or use the finished iso and not all games are compatible with god format. Also the usb stick will not show whats on it in the regular dash cause will se it as unformated or what ever you want to call it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. 7lym

7lym Member

Yes, i do have a JTAG. But i don t figure out if i have/not the xex menu
    I ve found a program, recommended by all, called USB xtaf GUI, but it doesn t recognize my flash drives, although i can acces then with no issues from windows
    (one flash drive is xbox formatted, the other one is like mother nature left it:)), and both of them are on FAT32)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

you can get xex menu here http://www.mediafire.com/?r2cclv3h2k5benb . It will extract 3 extractable files use the xex iso and burn it to a dvd-r not a dual layer thats just a waste of money cause it will work ether way even if your dvd drive isn't flashed the brand of disk wont matter ether when it boots you will be in xex menu you can install it or use it that way but if you install you dont wanna do it with the dash do it in xexmenu. i can fint a tutorial if you like. it will work from the disk though but its a valuble jtag tool. Use the left and right bumpers to navigate to different drives and usb. if you boot xex then stuff in the usb stick it will navigate to it for you. use the directional pad on the controller to highlite the game u converted to a god image then press y and select copy. then use the left of right bumper pads(above your triggers on controller) and find the hard drive partition with content select content then youll see a folder with lots of zero's open it then just hit y and paste. then your dont you go back to your dash the same way as from a game and you can then boot it from game library. some games arnt compadible so if you make one and it doesnt work try a few before you give up. I had trouble with a few. If you want more info pm me or something. hope this helps you.
    edit: If you extract the live one in the download link put the code9999 folder on your usb then load the disk and you can copy and past in the content/000000000000 folder and xexmenu will be bootable from your dash without the disk from that point on makes it easy for later use and more abilities with your jtag and it will b in the game library to.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. 7lym

7lym Member

So, i ve chosen the XeXMenu_v1.1-ISO_with_PIR.iso file, burnt it normally using PowerISO on a 4.7GB fresh DVD-R, but my xbox tells that the disk is not recognazable, and that i should clean the disk or restart the xbox:|
    I m sure i ve done something wrong at burning, so please tell me how to make that file be visible for xbox?(i think normal burning isn t enough)
    Thank you

7. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

I use dvd decrypter to burn everything for my 360 it burns different kind of like a clone burn. it actually burns the image like a photo of the underside of the disk. http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ it will burn the way you need it to. click the mode tab then iso and write then select the iso you want to burn and burn from there.

8. 7lym

7lym Member

Please look at the bottom left of DVD Decryper window..it says Disk Not Empty, but the disk is 100% fresh, not even erased.
    disk not empty.JPG
    130.8 KB
    ---.megaupload.com/?d=98VLPXX0
    What can i do? Sorry for being so annoying.(the don t let me put links, so instead of --- put www, i bet you guessed it:p)

9. junk007

junk007 Member

Wouldn't it be easier just to install the game through the DVD-Drive in the xbox then use NXE2GOD...? Assuming you have the drive still in there.

10. 7lym

7lym Member

Not really, because i want that xexmenu on my xbox.:D

11. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

I never had issues before unless there was a scratch on the disk. I was using windows 7 64bit just installed it on my xp computer and having issues to. my win 7 pc died beyond repair smoke came out of it due to a short in the power supply. I just built a jtag this morning and have to do all this so Im going to get mine right then I'll post what I did and if I had to use any different stuff. I like win 7 better as xp seems to be fussy bout these programs. Im wondering if the link 4 dvd decrypter was corrupted somehow. I'll see about setting up a mega upload account so I can upload the exact stuff I use. I need the account anyways its a pain doing the regular downloads and I download a lot. If theres any scratches or dust dvd decrypter will see it as a used disk I think its cause it looks for images not files.

12. 7lym

7lym Member

Ok,thank you and good luck.
    I m sure the decrypter is not corrupted, because ImgBurn shows exactly the same problem.
    Also, i tried it with (a bit optimistic) a 700mb CD-RW, and it worked to burn with dvd decrypter, but it doesn t get read by xbox.So it seems it s a problem with the 4.7GB DVD-R.
    Must disks be DL? i ve search a lot and there are many opinions, such as dvd+r and stuff like that, but for now try your method and please be as much explicit as you can in tutorial.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  13. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

should work with any dvd's there are settings for dual layer and regular dvd's. I know with win 7 it auto detected the disk type but the layer brake had to be set to the xbox360 standard number. Image burn should work to there very similar programs Im working on mine now so I can get my jtags ready to sell I dont really need more than one. Im kind of addicted to mods(atari devs, Nintendo devs and so on). It was easy with my good pc but this ones slow.

14. 7lym

7lym Member

So, was it ok?:D

15. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

It saw my dvd-r okay but my pc cant see iso images at all it did till I put iso to god on my pc. everything worked perfect on my win 7 gamer pc but its been broken for a week. this one is older than the hills. I ordered the part I need to get that one running again. Im sure dvd decrypter is okay cause it sees the dvd-r and it sees a dual layer to. I used the same one in the link. Im not sure why this xp32bit cant see Iso images its showing even playstation isos as broken down files in a folder. Cant wait till my motherboard gets here. Im wondering if you have any scuff marks on your disk this one sees the dish fine but if I put a finger print or scuff mark even a light one it shows as not blank. without those it sees them as blank. I'm hoping my board will show Tuesday or Wednesday. The pc Im temporarily usind is a modified win 98 machine with xp on it and I bummed my dvd burner out of the good one. It should have worked though as I have done that before without issues but it is a dell and dells are one of the pcs that are odd in that they use different drivers some that microsoft doesn't recognize as legitimate so they wont install. my big issue is that your supposed to use the restore disk on the hard drive to do a reinstall so the pc drivers are right but I formatted the drive to use xp. I thought about hacking my operating system so the microsoft checks were no longer there but it might cause a different issue. I can let you know when I get my motherboard how it goes on that pc. I dont think I'll have to do a reinstall on that one as the board is identical to the bad one i pulled. Its weird that after installing iso to god that it seems to have messed up all my iso's not just my xbox360 ones. even after getting iso to god out of my pc there still in a weird format.

16. 7lym

7lym Member

Ok, i ll see what i can do with those dvds, i ll keep you in touch.
    If, unfortunately, you have to reinstall win7, just give me a reply or something;)

17. Splungo

Splungo Member

nrk4594: Where do you get your Xbox 360 ISO downloads at or should i say what website?

18. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

19. themisfit1

themisfit1 Member

Is their any way to download a game and put it onto the hd like you used the "install" game function and play if you actually have a scratched copy of the game?

20. trevr8r

trevr8r Member

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    at Crear_iso.Form1.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3625 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Crear iso
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/grayfox/Desktop/Crear%20iso.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

im also getting this will it still work