1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antivir Solution Pro URGENT PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Chazer, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Chazer

Chazer Member

Hi folks,

Can anybody please help, I am trying to get rid of Antivir Solution Pro . It won't let me run any programs i.e Spydoctor, won't let me connect to the internet and keeps re-booting after 1 minute.I have had to contact you with my laptop.

Please can anyone help before it dose damage.

Many Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try a system restore to before installing program if recent. try safe mode to uninstall program. disable in msconfig then try uninstall of program.

3. Redgun71

Redgun71 Member

My friend is having the same trouble, I looked on the net and the same answer comes up but has not work for my friend but it might work for you.

1) Turn on/restart your computer and press F8 key whilst booting up.
    2) When the system menu pops up select Safe Mode with Networking and press the enter/return key.
    3) Log on/type in your password.
    4) When prompted it will ask you if you want to run the Safe Mode with Networking select Yes.
    5) Open your Internet Explorer.
    6) Select Tools from the menu bar at the top of the screen then select Internet options.
    7) Select the Connections tab and then the LAN Setting button.
    8) Uncheck the checkbox labeled "Use a proxy server for your LAN" under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
    9) Run/download Malware/Virus remover.

When Malware/Virus remover he restarts his computer normally but the Antivir Solution Pro is still there and he can not open anything MSConfig, Task Manager, System Restore...
    I don't know if the Malware/Virus remover he has got is rubbish or we did something wrong in the above procedure.

Any help, suggestion or solution would be very much appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Those instructions are accurate, heres a page from a website that helps me every time a client brings in a virused PC http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivir-solution-pro

If you can get it cleaned up enough to use system restore as DDP mentioned, you may want to not use the last restore point but an older one as I remember this virus creates an infected restore point.

5. Chazer

Chazer Member

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the help and info. I am working my way through all the spyware programs. I had tried what you had suggested about LAN etc but even when it does let me connect that way and with safe mode & networking it switches off and reboots after 1 minute every time. The only way I can get on to the computer is safe mode, I can install programs but can't get on to the net for updates etc. I am trying everything as I don't want to have to re-format the hardrive and re-install windows and all the programs I have running but not looking good at the moment. I'm trying SpyNoMore at the moment so will See how that goes.

Will keep you updated and if anymore suggestions PLEASE let me know.

Thanks All.

Hi All,

Update. Looks like a re-format of Windows for me. Nothing seems to work on this. Why oh why do people do this, is it boredom or what. I got it from a password for a movie downloaded.Scanned all the files and password but when I opened the password it struck.. So ALL Beware of this as it is a bad one.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  6. ollieiii

ollieiii Member

you could try avast
    try AVAST run from usb stick if cant load

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  7. Redgun71

Redgun71 Member

I try all sorts of free software (Ad-Aware, AVG, Stopzilla) but the only one that got rid of the virus was PC Tools Antivirus which was also free.
    I downloaded it from another computer and save it on a USB stick, then put the stick into the infected computer (in Safe Mode) and then install/run the PC Tools file.

8. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I fixed a clients computer last week that had the exact same virus using the link i posted earlier. MBAM (free version) is one of the best solutions to fixing an infected machine and I haven't heard one person mention it even after i posted the link.

9. Chazer

Chazer Member

Hi,
    I have that on my PC and for some reason it didn't pick it up so had to format and re-install vista with my back-up disc. So it took me 6 to 7 hrs and that is with ALL my programs installed again. Biggest problem has been updating my windows it takes for ever to download and install, but all done now.

Thanks for All your Help Folks.

10. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Glad everything is sorted out for you. As far as speed of updates, do you have the latest service pack downloaded to your machine or do you always use auto updates to do everything for you?

11. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

also when doing updates from a re-install like on "xp" is it ok to download sp1 & sp2 but bypass the updates and go sp3 and just use them updates from "windows" ?

12. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Basically a service pack is a big collection of all the weekly updates, so yes. When I used XP I would install the latest service pack, ignore the old ones, then let the machine automatically update everything else. I recommend downloading SP3 and updating from your machine, not from auto updates as it saves time.

13. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

Thanks Deadrum33 :)

14. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

No problem. I have just started to build a computer for my home office so i will also be doing the update process shortly.

15. Chazer

Chazer Member

Hi,

No I didn't have them I have had to download servicepack 1 & 2. Didn't realise I had to do that as I thought they were on my back-up disc,took me forever.Hopefully I have then All now.

Thanks

16. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

lol hope you find some consolidation in this
    my son got something his vaio a couple of weeks ago "vista"(NOT XP I WAS ASKING ABOUT EARLIER) so "he" pressed for a factory reset,
    so after a "few hours" of setting up again all was well till last week then he "dropped it" beaking the hindge on each end where it opens & closes (thank god for insurance)
    now after a week of waiting to get same laptop brand new again Woo Hoo :)
    i then have to setup again from start which was another 10+hours going through the vista updates ect..ect
    i now get the win.7 in the post this morning to upgrade from vista and got "my" xp back a few minutes ago to reset and update as the chap that was using it was "purposly" looking for viruses!
    why on earth was he looking for a virus i asked...reply was...both him and my son were trying to see who could infect who first!