1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSTT TopToy - Red Menu Error

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Amison, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Amison

Amison Member

I've just a bought an additional memory card for my DSTT TopToy Card reader. But, this will not load-up am receiving the Menu red face error icon after seeing briefly the smiling loading error. The TopToy card works fine with my SanDisk 2GB memory card - had some teething problems last year my previous post The only difference I've made with the new Micro Card is I have bouught another brand Toshiba. And I copied over the exact same menu as in my existing memory card, have also checked that my DSTT Card is real. Also, I have re-formatted in my PC and in my phone as well as to FAT32. Any help with this would be great, thanks.

2. Amison

Amison Member

Just a bit of an update, have managed to get a menu up and running, I installed the unofficial firmware from . I was wondering is the compatibility of the firmware dependant on the make of Micro SD manufacturer you choose? As it would see my SanDisk was a bit more expensive than the Toshiba one. Am yet to load up some of my ROMs, but have found with a really recent one an error message 'ROM loading failed' - Load ROM error=4 - Please reset system' Does anyone know if there is a patch for the DSTT card and how compatible with the unofficial version may thanks.

3. Amison

Amison Member

I got the unofficial DSTT Menu up and running, but unfortunately the ROM loading times were really mega slow and that just for the ones that actually loaded. I know the other ROMs load quicker as they were off my Nephew's card and he had been using them today. So, is there a solution for me? or have got to and buy a new SanDisk Micro SD and also if so would be there a fix for the Load ROM error = 4 message without using the unofficial firmware? or even beter can I fix the Micro SD I have already got? - that would be great!

4. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=22765 download extract using winrar right click on folder the option extract here is what you need, all the items that extract drag to micro sd, so all you have are these files and game files, i put all my games in a folder called GAMES keeps games and game saves in one easy place. see how you get on with this.

I used to use toptoy's but the firmware was slow coming out and some games just won't work so went and got an acekard 2i and run akaio's newest firmware much quicker loads more games

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  5. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

o yeah transend cards are offically CRAP! use scandisk if in UK PLAY.COM brand i can confirm work no worries 16GB im running is fine.

Transend and buggy currupt or lose data often

6. Amison

Amison Member

Hi, downloaded that on to Toshiba card and I got 'ROM loading failed' - Load ROM error=4 - Please reset system' for a newer ROM - (Toy Story 3) and any other known to work ROMs failed to load. So I may consider the card you mentioned, thanks and will be sure to stick with SanDisk, have heard the R4 card fixes the error 4 card error. Although I would like to know if the newer ROMs will work before I purchase. I'll keep you informed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010