1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kryptview a780 freezing and scrammbling??

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sbg123, Feb 13, 2011.

1. sbg123

sbg123 Member

Hi, does anybody have this problem to? i know that the a780 was meant to be freeze and scramble free, yet mine keeps freezing and scrambling on certain channels - usually movies especially towards end of films, childrens channels, there are other channels to, i have latest firmware and seem to have more problems than members of my family who have the older firmware. i have tried factory reset and re-scan to no avail,
    my signal strength is 77 and quality between 79-86, as i have both bb and basic freeview from v****n, so i cannot disconnect the splitter, any help with this??
    thanks

2. bzqwx2

bzqwx2 Member

I had the same problem , I put older firmware on 0909 and put an attenuator between cable and box this cured it, mine was freezing for 10 secs while it searched for new code through ethernet

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  3. e45

e45 Regular member

nothing to do with the firmware if you update your firmware you will find the prob has been fixed since you put the attenuator on your cable feed.

And always best to have the latest on your box

4. sbg123

sbg123 Member

ok so what are you saying is the problem? i must admit this only started when i updated to new firmware, is my signal to high? qualty?? what is the problem? should i use a attenuator?
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  5. e45

e45 Regular member

Just update the box now as it is over the net no need to unplug anything

menu ..... installation ...... 0000 ...... S/W update and just leave it let it update itself then factory default your box and do a new scan.

menu ..... installation ...... 0000 ...... factory default then new scan from scratch

6. sbg123

sbg123 Member

i already done that as stated in first post, i have latest firmware and since loading this and doing a fresh scan i have had the freezing issue

7. e45

e45 Regular member

you dont have an attenuator on the cable line try that like was mentioned above when you put the new firmware on your box you prob just rescaned the box that is no good has to be fully emptied.back to scratch not just a rescan.

8. sbg123

sbg123 Member

ok i think ill just try my own thing, as i said in my original post i have already loaded new firmware, i have done a factory re-set, and then a fresh scan, and its only since new fw loaded i have problem, if anyone has any other ideas please let me know, but read my original post and make sure you know what i have already done thanks to bzqwx2 for the idea ill give that a go, sorry e45 but your only telling me to do things i have already stated that i have done.

9. e45

e45 Regular member

sound no prob work away as long as your happy thats the main thing here since n3 arrived lots of extra things involved so its a process of elimination thats all you can do at this point.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  10. sbg123

sbg123 Member

thanks for your help any way

11. cq1

cq1 Member

Hi Guys, I have had a number of the old cable top boxs untill they went off air a couple of years ago. I had great fun keeping ahead of the possee trying to stay on "AIR" but after a while I got feed-up buying boxs and updating firmware.
    However I just happened to drowse the site again and see that some boxs are still effective. Could or would anybody please update me on what the best box and system are i.e. Cable vs internet. I am in the land of saints and bankers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Kryptview is the one working, works by connecting to the net to descramble the chans, needs to be connected to your router for it to work

try skywonder if you are looking for one, send em a mail

13. cq1

cq1 Member

Ta Mickah for the help is Skywonder a reliable site? and can the system be connected to my TV as before or is just computer use? thanks for getting back so soon.

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

as above, works the same as before but needs to be connected to your router for it descramble chans, yip skywonder is one of the best out there, drop em a mail from their site about the krypt

15. cq1

cq1 Member

Ta Micka for getting back and your advice. I have logged onto the Skywonder site and am seriously considering Kryptview 780 is this the better and the latest version? Also does the remote come with the "Box" or do you have to buy it seperately. Also do you know how effective it is in the land of the bankers. Is the firmware loaded on the Box or do you have to download and install it and if so is it difficult?

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

remotes comes with box, you have to flash the box and works in the UK all areas, once ya have cable and a router in the house,

easy to flash, guides on here, step by step

17. cactikid

cactikid Active member

handier also if you have an xp pc with com port for flashing,and a null modem cable for flashing.

18. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

cg1 I used the guys off facebook to buy a A780 and it came flashed already,so I just connected up and scanned for my area network.

19. cq1

cq1 Member

Ta Mickah ,Cactikid & Libbo2003 for getting back. You all seem happy with the A780. Any idea's if I would have a problem in Eire? with the "Box"

20. reswob

reswob Regular member

you will have problems with that box in ireland.it is only for the uk market it will not work in ireland.have a look at the threads on cardshareing.