1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim Card locked Code-1

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by alsanchez, Feb 19, 2011.

1. alsanchez

alsanchez Member

I have a Samsung Q-werty cell prepaid phone from Tracfone. I replaced the Sim Card with a T-mobile sim card. I get a locked SimCard Code-1. Can anyone give me a hint on solving this, or is it that the phone is not compatible with the new Sim Card?

I noticed that others have had similar problems with other phones and no one has answered their theads.

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

TracFone uses a different security system than other cell phone companies. I use to have a TracFone and wanted to upgrade to a different model than what I had at the time. So I bought another TracFone that I wanted and slipped in my sim card only to find out that the sim card could not be read by the phone and received the same error you got. I called TracFone and was told that their phones only use the sim card to store the phone book and to activate the network settings stored on the phone(like a light switch).

3. alsanchez

alsanchez Member

Icalled TracFone and since the phone has been deactivated, they have no record of the IMEI serial number. They refused to help me and a hundred dollar phone goes into the can. Thanks for your prompt replay for help.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011