1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NO sound using DVDEXPRESS DX2

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by yakusa22, Mar 17, 2011.

1. yakusa22

yakusa22 Member

ADSTECH unit...DVDEXPRESS DX2 model...uses USB port to capture video signal. I am able to convert old VHS tapes to DVD....problem is the sound. I have good video, but no sound only on some DVD players. Converting old family VHS tapes to DVD to pass along to family members. I have an APEX DVD player and both video and sound play ok...but Phillips dvd player will play video but NO SOUND. Both units play a -R type format....the program called CAPWIZ is used to capture the video from the VHS tape to the computer..is there some sound setting that I can make that will make these conversion, that will make these play video and audio in ALL DVD PLAYERS?

2. attar

attar Senior member

So there is some type of sound on the disk, but some players won't play it?
    Drag one of the files (VTS_01_1.VOB) from the disk into MediaInfo and see what type of audio information it shows.

[​IMG]

3. yakusa22

yakusa22 Member

IT shows exactly as you have highlighted above...192Kbps,48. KHz, 16 bits, AC-3.The PHILLIPS DVD pLAYER, does have sound on commercial DVD's...but will not play sound on a mastered DVD conversion from VHS tape made with ADSTECH unit mentioned above. Any, and all help supremely appreciated!!!!!

4. attar

attar Senior member

So it shows as 'First audio stream'?
    On the standalone,is there an 'Audio' button or a way to select different audio tracks on a DVD.
    I can't see any obvious reason why the audio should not play.

5. yakusa22

yakusa22 Member

I did not see any....I think I am going over to a friends and see if the PHILLIPS will play this DVD-R on his TV...I wondered if there is a sound setting on the TV that needs to be ajusted to match the output from the PHILLIPS?

6. yakusa22

yakusa22 Member

SIMPLIST OF PROBLEMS...bad audio cable. Problem ok now...sometimes the most complex issue is really very simpole...thanks again!