1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC way too Loud Help it's ultra annoying =(

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mufc786, Apr 16, 2011.

1. mufc786

mufc786 Member

ok so i've got an Acer Aspire M5100,

it's a decent home pc and i've had it for 2 or 3 years now but a while back (probably a year now) i installed ubuntu on it (dual boot vista and ubuntu) but what i didn't know that it'll effect my recovery partition so two months down the line my pc crashed and i had to buy a recovery disk for £80 form Acer, this reinstalled the system to factory setting OR IT WAS SUPPOSE too because a few weeks later my CPU fan (or PSU fan i don't tbh)became REALLY NOISY and by that i mean REALLY REALLY NOISY (even though my pc is upstairs you can hear it all the way downstairs) so i left the problem but it's gradually worsened so today i went into the bois and checked the fan speeds i got this...

: CPU FAN SPEED - min 4218rpm/max 4486rpm
    : SYSTEM FAN SPEED - min 1182rpm/max 1184rpm

that's what i saw when i watched the fan speeds for 5 minutes so i'm not sure if it's accurate

Nearly forgot the improtant info...

Model: Acer Aspire M5100
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-core at 2.2GHz ( my CPU usage can vary from 6% or 7% To 78% !!!)
    Ram: 2GB (usually my computer uses 30% - 50% ram when browsing the interent)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 (1024 MB)

Thanks for your help i really appreciate it if you need more info than please ask thankyou

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  2. iLeopard

iLeopard Member

Try Speedfan. Its on the front page right now but if you cant find it then Google it. If you have no luck then hit me back :)

EDIT: well, looks like it auto-tagged SpeedFan. Dont worry about searching for it then :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. mufc786

mufc786 Member

Ok so iLeopard i did what you siad but i cant change th rpm anyways here are some results it gave me:

Fan Speeds...

Fan1: 16rpm
    Fan2: 3897rpm
    Fan3: 0rpm
    Fan1: 4018rpm
    Fan2: 0rpm
    Fan3: 1152rpm
    Fan4: 0rpm
    Fan5: 0rpm

Temps...

GPU: 46C..... (a tick sign next to this)
    Temp1: 62C... (a flame sign next to this)
    Temp2: 31C... (a blue downwards arrow next to this)
    Temp3: 22C... (a blue downwards arrow next to this)
    HD0: 31C..... (a blue downwards arrow next to this)
    Core:54C..... (a flame sign next to this)

any more info just ask (btw my cpu usage isn't alot but it can vary sometimes as little as 0.5 other times it increases to 50+ even if the pc is just showing the desktop and running only the most important processes)...

4. mufc786

mufc786 Member

Ok so iLeopard i did what you siad but i cant change th rpm anyways here are some results it gave me:

Fan Speeds...

Fan1: 16rpm
    Fan2: 3897rpm
    Fan3: 0rpm
    Fan1: 4018rpm
    Fan2: 0rpm
    Fan3: 1152rpm
    Fan4: 0rpm
    Fan5: 0rpm

Temps...

GPU: 46C..... (a tick sign next to this)
    Temp2: 31C... (a blue downwards arrow next to this)
    Temp3: 22C... (a blue downwards arrow next to this)
    HD0: 31C..... (a blue downwards arrow next to this)
    Core:54C..... (a flame sign next to this)

any more info just ask (btw my cpu usage isn't alot but it can vary sometimes as little as 0.5 other times it increases to 50+ even if the pc is just showing the desktop and running only the most important processes)...

5. iLeopard

iLeopard Member

OK, those temps for Core do not look good (that is your CPU btw) so I would seriously consider checking the thermal paste on your CPU. Also take some load off your CPU if you can. You could probably consider a new fan too :p