1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satellite Receivers

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by faruqi, Jul 26, 2011.

1. faruqi

faruqi Member

Hello Forums,

I am a bit confused with two models of the satellite receivers in the market as both seems to be not genuine type. one of them is Dreambox 800 HD DM800 HD PVR Satellite Receiver.
    2nd is Blade 7000HD 3D Satellite Receiver.
    I wanted to know which one is better and can lost long time with Subs. I am very reluctant to buy any of the these receiver due to my last cable box experience as it only last two months and then we all got Nag3 problems.
    I am so anxious to know about this subs will it last long time or it might finish soon.
    Please if any of you have any latest info I will be very grateful to know before I go head and buy one of these receiver.

Thank you so much.
    Best regards,
    Faruqi

2. e45

e45 Regular member

Get the Dm800hd pvr m8 its open sourced, but if this is your first time going Sat i suggest the Blade7000hd nice simple box to set up, and the box is nothing to do with your line, as you can change that as much and as often as you like.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

dont bother with either. sat boxes are finished. on top of this you will not even be able to use a valid subscription card in either of these boxes. save your money and buy a sky box subscription

4. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

sat boxes are NOT finished and sky cards DO work in the blade!as well as cslines both are working fine but blade as e45 says is a lot easier to set up for the first timer than the dm800,but as fintannl(the sky promoter)says if you want safe that costs you loads of £££££ then go for a legal sky sub which also gets glitches and the sky hd box picture quality is sh1t compared to blade.
    maybe fintannl can fix you up with a legal sky sub looks like hes seen the light well on this forum anyway pmsl.more faces than big ben!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

thanks sb, best laugh in a bit. if anybody had a read they would know sat is finished. i showed many users how to start, now i want them to know it is ended. do you know better :)

6. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

I have read loads of threads from uk and international forums,and i agree with SB18180, sat and c/s is NOT finished.

7. faruqi

faruqi Member

Hi e45,
    Thank you for your great advice.
    I think I have to decide soon between the two receivers. it is most likely be the Dreambox 800 hd. I am good to follow the setup once I can get into the setup.
    I will be grateful if you have any instruction to set this box will be well appreciated.
    I am at the moment with sky but it is costing me hell of lot money to keep it running. I need a different solution.
    Regards,
    Ejaz

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

agreed it is not finished. but it is on its last legs. its not a good time to be investing in new equipment. its more a time for observing. thats my point.

9. faruqi

faruqi Member

10. faruqi

faruqi Member

Hi sb18180,
    I hope you are right, we can only hope and continue to use. I always say never venture never gain time will tell.
    Thank you for your great advice.
    I think I have to decide soon between the two receivers. it is most likely be the Dreambox 800 hd. I am good to follow the setup once I can get into the setup.
    I will be grateful if you have any instruction to set this box will be well appreciated.
    I am at the moment with sky but it is costing me hell of lot money to keep it running. I need a different solution.
    Regards,
    Ejaz

11. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

sorry mate cannot help you with the 800hd too much hassle and with clones workin/not workin ect ect.since switchin to the blade i lost intrest in dreamboxes total.but iam sure if you scan through the forum you will find the info you are after or maybe some nice person will post a 800hd link for you.

12. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

hmmm a bit of naughtiness commin back fintannl? in the old old days pre n3 lol!!! i have been on my last legs quite a few years now BUT STILL GOIN!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

likewise sb. was such fun to see a black screen suddenly produce pictures. scared the crap out of me. it had taken so long to figure it out it totally freaked me :). now years later its second nature. however i do warn users that the game is afoot. of course all boxes currently work but looking at developments (and i do keep a very close eye) i find it unlikely that sat sharing will last the end of the year

14. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  15. guus192

guus192 Member

Hi every one
    could some one advice me on what can of receiver do I need and what firmware to i have to instal on it to get all the channels
    on hotbird and arabsat satellite my fried had his satellite done long time ago but we fell out and i cant ask him how he did it.
    many thanks for your help

16. Angiey

Angiey Member

listen to fintanni, he knows what he's talking about.
    Don't spend your money on any new hardware.
    grabbed this from another forum alittle while ago.

Here's what a person in the know says:

The countermeasure on card sharing is part of the H08 update to N3 cards.

They go right to the heart of CS by having the card monitor how often "channel changes" occur. During sharing, the shared card has to send out emms for each different channel tuned, at roughly the same time for the receivers connected. So although the client receiver isn't changing channels often, the card has to send emms for a different channel for each client that is tuned to a different channel, so the card sees this as rapid channel changes that occur regularly.

The firmware in the card rev H08 counts how often the channel changes occur, and how regularly. When this exceeds a threshold set by charlie's own testing, the H08 card firmware considers this to be the specific signature of a card sharing server, and the card gets marked by setting a bit inside the card. We can't see inside the card, to know when cards got marked, but the belief is that cards in servers got marked as early as April 2011. So any card that has been in a server, that tuned more than one channel at a time, since April 2011 is likely marked. This is clearly verified from data posted in forums, since I know of cards last in servers in 2010, and not in a server since then, that did not get hit, while a card last in a server in June of this year did get hit.

We can't verify this, but experience with card marking by charlie in N2 cards shows that marking N2 writes to the "OTP" area of the card that can't be erased. I heard that charlie now recycles N3 cards, so maybe they do not use an OTP, as this would prevent them from reusing an OTP marked card for another customer, so maybe charlie can erase a marked card. He's not about to unmark them via a rehit to the IRD.

Although some Dishnet IRDs also support two tuners with one card, they use a different command set to do this, and the card can tell it is a legitmate share with a supported IRD, so it did not get marked.

Servers that were not hit are those that serve only channel per card. They can serve many clients by cacheing the decryption data and sharing it with all the clients without needing to let the card see each client. Massive sharing servers that are still online use a collection of cards tuned to different channels, that each stay tuned to the same channel. The server caches each channel so the that cards only are exposed to single channel tuning.

The possiblity exists that a server using a card from a "single card dual tuner IRD," where the correct command set is used, will also not get hit when serving two channels while giving the appearance exactly like the two channel IRD, but this is not yet confirmed.

The conclusion is that CS / IKS can no longer share a single card to clients tuned to different channels without get the card marked, i.e. killed. Also note that a marked card works exactly like a working card since the card takes tier and ird date updates. The mark simply makes the card act like it doesn't have the latest keys.

Charlie can open and read cards and look for the mark, so sending cards back to charlie risks charlie seeing that your card was in a server.

Although the cards have been keeping track of this server signature data since April, enabling the countermeasure didn't occur until Charlie threw the switch. With the switch thrown, the cards now check for prior marking before sending the IRD the keys to decrypt the signal.

Waiting all these months allowed charlie to do massive scale field testing, formulate policies and do training for customer service to support this action when it occurred. He waited to throw the switch while getting all things in place, and while marking cards that were only sometimes serving. Again, since we can't see inside the card, the only way that we can tell a card was marked is that it now fails to produce valid keys, since charlie threw the switch. Experience with prior N2 countermeasures shows that marking consists of writing to bits that only charlie can access. In N2 we could access those by "opening" cards. This ability to "open" cards has eluded the testing community thus far.

There are still uses for cards in something like the prior IKS / CS. The systems have been redesigned to not serve more than one channel at a time, and appear identical to an IRD in all respects while serving, since we can no longer fix cards, and getting replacement cards is a hassel. I can see people unsoldering ICAMs to use them in servers as the supply of N3 cards dries up...

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

interesting post. Read it three times so I did take it seriously. However I find it unlikely what is described. Focus of providers is to kill card servers. I appreciate and know servers would use multiple cards to avoid detection but don't think that providers don't know the difference. Question, why would you kill card shares that are paying full subscriptions and have a couple of buddies online as compared to trying to kill big servers that are very much cheating the system. Analysis not correct

18. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

maybe their thinking why not kill em all.

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

not true jackooh,