1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 3D TV brand

Discussion in '3D TV' started by hawk1990, Nov 9, 2011.

1. hawk1990

hawk1990 Member

Hello, I have about 5000 dollars and was interested to get a 3DTV. Which brands seem to be the best?

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Samsung PN*D8000 (plasma) series is great. I wouldn't buy a TV right now just for 3D because it's still advancing but I've tried out the PND8000 and PND7000 and they seem to offer the best Active 3D performance. Personally I liked LG's passive 3D better, it was a much pleasant 3d viewing experience, but the Samsung had a better picture, especially with 2D. Panasonic TC-PVT30 is also a TV worth checking out.

That's for Plasma though, so if you're going to do a lot of gaming, because of image retention still present on Plasma's, next choice could be Sammy's UN55D8000 (LED) Series. Screen uniformity and glare still aren't perfect but it has good Active 3D performance as well as great 2D.

If you have that kind of money to spend, you could check out Sony XBR HX929 series or Sharp Elite PRO's, but the PND8000 (2011 model) is an awesome TV.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

save the money. buy a quality 2d tv. i have 3d tv and from time to time i'll watch it but most of my tv viewing is 2d. as mike says the technology is evolving

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

are the sales of 3d blu ray not getting better now as more discs coming out in 3d are getting more popular.it will be like changing from vhs tapes to blu ray.local tv shop said the panny was better than samsung running side by side.

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

have a philips 40pfl8605 myself and i just find the 3d irritating to watch. on the other hand the high def on the tv is better than any other high def tv i've ever seen. i just think that shutter glass technology sucks and would nearly rather watch 3d using passive glasses instead.

6. omendata

omendata Regular member

Panasonic make the best equipment , best components hence the high price - You pay for what you get with Panasonic.

I used to work for Jvc in East Kilbride ~(quite the worst tv's ever) and all the engineers agreed that no-one could touch Panasonic.

3D isnt ready yet - save the cash and buy a decent 2d tv.
    I thought i wanted 3d but i hardly use it anymore and it gives my girlfriend headaches (or is that just me?)
    >;o)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. scyeffect

scyeffect Member

i have 3D video, if we watch the video looks blurr. i watch it on my laptop actually not a 3D TV. it is really happening like that?

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

9. paradise123

paradise123 Member

hi...,
    my greet to everyone on this forum site. well, in category of 3d tv. the best brand is samsung smart 3d tv. it has more features than your expectations.
    thanks.

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

features dont mean anything, he wants the best possible 3d experience, not point at the screen and youtube comes on experience.

11. omendata

omendata Regular member

Yeah 3d is a very subjective field and features aint worth a tuppenytoss if the 3d doesnt work.

I just bought an LG 24" 3d monitor £249 and it is rather good.
    Panasonic is best though.
    Better buy one before they go out of busines though!
    >;o)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013