1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to flash latest image/bootloader on DM 800-S HD Clone?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by B2K420, Dec 29, 2011.

1. B2K420

B2K420 Member

I am using a DM 800 clone (Boot: 82/76?, Sim: 2.0.1, Tuner: Rev M & Current Image: The Gemini Project 2). I am worried if I try to flash latest Dream elite image my DM 800 clone will not work.
    Please has anyone flashed dream elite on DM 800 clone without any problems?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

3. B2K420

B2K420 Member

Apologies for this.
    My DM 800 Clone is actually Boot: #76 not #82. Can I still flash the image from the link you provided Or do I need to upgrade the bootloader from #76 to #82 first before installing the new image? How can I upgrade the bootloader?
    I am trying to flash the latest image on DM800 Clone so that I can have 7 days EPG.

I am trying to backup my current image file by using FlashWizard Pro 6.3 but When I click on "Flash Image Backup" it shows "Reading Jffs2 partition.." and nothing happens.
    Please can you tell me how can I backup my current image and bootloader using my PC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4. B2K420

B2K420 Member

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

did you extract the .nfi file before you tried to flash it. you cannot flash a zipped file as the dreambox will not understand

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

for your information you cannot upgrade bootloader from 76 to 82 as this will not work. the bootloader in a dreambox is equivalent to bios in a computer. the bios must match the hardware config of the computer. bootloader 82 is tied to the newer version of dreambox hardware. if you loaded this bootloader and then the associated image the box would crash.

note that bootloaders however are backward compatible. this means that you can load bootloader 72 on a bootloader 76 box but if you do so you limit the functionality of the box. so if you get a bootloader 76 box I suggest you load associated compatible images (ie. ss76 images). The ss76 image you mention should work fine

7. B2K420

B2K420 Member

Thanks very much for your help & guidance.
    This is how I flashed latest DM 800-S HD Clone image/bootloader by the help of B16MCC from Dreamboxuk.com.
    I assume you are aware of how to flash a DM 800-S HD Clone by using web browser.
    1) I am using DM 800-S HD Clone (Boot/ssl #76, Sim: 2.0.1, image =The Gemini Project 2)
    2) Flash latest bootloader/ssl (for DM 800 Clone) #84A first
    http://www.dreamboxuk.com/forums/showthread.php?4279-Sim-2-01-SSL-84A
    3) Reboot
    4) Flash below dreambxuk image (for DM 800 Clone).
    http://www.dreamboxuk.com/forums/showthread.php?4497-DreamboxUK_v2-1-1_SIM2
    5) Reboot. Your new image is ready to use.
    6) If your image is not compatible with your bootloader you will not be able to flash the new image by using the web browser and will get below error
    CRC check skipped
    INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)

7) You need to flash compatible bootloader first then the image.
    8) I flashed new bootloader/image and everything is working fine for now.
    9) I have 7 days graphical EPG now (thanks to this new image/bootloader) that is updated once a day and I do not need to go on the PC and look for TV guide anymore.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

bk, well interesting. have spent my career listening to b16mcc, well informed guy. interesting that an ss76 box can be bootloaded with ss84. good for you and good to know for me :)

9. B2K420

B2K420 Member

Thank you for helping with all of my problems.
    B16MCC is really experienced and helpful just like your are.
    I am really happy to flash the new image/bootloader and I now have 7 days EPG I am over the moon right now. :)

10. nicknafs

nicknafs Newbie

Thanks for your notice,

At first my receiver is DM800HD with second stage loader # 76 but i dont know is clone or not?
    When i turn on it appear on display dream multimedia sim2 and my friends told me it is clone.
    Unfortunately after turning it on ,doesn't work and Gemini project II startup page appears only !!!
    Therefore i decided to change image and reloaded flash .
    My laptop doesn't have RS232 port therefore i connect laptop and DM to router and i browse DM ip address and upgrade firmware according to instructions on internet.a
    After too long nothing happened!

Via telnet command i can do it with . Img file but i didn' t any image and flash and firmware file with . Img .
    All of them are .nfi.

Please help me how could i upgrade And set newimage

Regards

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

.img is for a dm500, .nfi is for a dm800.
    pm with your email address and I will send you the latest 84d bootloader with the latest openpli3.0 nfi file

12. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

guys, need some help with dreambox 800 PVR clone boot 75 , i was running cccam on the box and now trying to set it up for IPTV i've been trying to update second stage bootloader, after opening the files and click on update firmware on web browser and try to update the box, after a while nothing happens . don't have a laptop to flash the box with cable. can i update the bootloader through dreambox control centre.

13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

first up the latest bootloader for a dm800 clone is the 84d bootloader. To load it is simple. Simply power off box, power it on again while holding the silver button. After a short while you get the message STOP and an IP address. Type the IP address into your browser and use the firmware upgrade option. Select the file and select the option to flash it. Job done. That said the problem you really have is that clone dm800 images are built on an archaic version of python. So you will be asked to load a wget command to load your providers IPTV bouquets. It won't work as the version of WGET on these old images will not be able to process the wget command you receive. I have got around this by simply copying bouquets from a zgemmai55 running wooshbuild to my dm800 clone running openpli 3.0 using echanneliser, dreamboxedit is useless when it comes to IPTV

14. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

15. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

hi fintann To load it is simple. Simply power off box, power it on again while holding the silver button. After a short while you get the message STOP and an IP address. Type the IP address into your browser and use the firmware upgrade option. Select the file and select the option to flash it. Job done.
    i've done this and opened up the 84d bootloader also tried other bootloaders but when i click on update nothing happens it won't update the box , are they any other ways to install the bootloader.

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

problem is your browser type. use internet explorer

17. Mvassal

Mvassal Newbie

Hello, I also need to upgrade a clone DM800 with 84bootloader (from current 76) and latest openpli3.ini to be able to add iptv. Any help with the files please? Thank you

18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

You face a number of problems with a DM800. Lets assume you want an IPTV provider that provides a bouquet solution with program guide. To do this you need a wget command to load the bouquets and the plugin XMLTV EPG Importer to work the program guide for the IPTV channels. The problem is that the python version available on openpli3 is so old the wget command that you would be provided with will not run. Coupled with this is the problem that the version of XMLTV EPG importer on OpenPli3 is so old it does not support IPTV. So that won't work either.

So then you can possibly run IPTV from a provider who provides IPTV via the Xstream plugin. Now I don't even know if the Xstream plugin is available on Openpli3 nor do I know if it works. You maybe can try this. My negative on this is that you have to go menu plugins Xstream on your remote before you can even access your channel list. Coupled with that there is no program guide for the Xstream solution. Hence I didn't even bother looking at it as a possible worthwhile solution.

So one thing that does work is as follows. You get an IPTV subscription on a box (Zgemma whatever model) and then you save the bouquets using Echannelizer from the Zgemma to your PC. Then you load them on your dreambox. This will work. Note dreamboxedit is utterly useless for IPTV bouquet management. You need to move to Echannelizer to play around with bouquets. Enjoy

19. jon1974

jon1974 Newbie

Hello. I just "brick" my Clone DM800HDSE. Do anyone know wherw i can find a flashfile for it. I canĀ“t find any working flashfile. Before i brick it it was Sim 2 (someting) on the box display.