1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to connect vcr/dvd to tv using dish network

Discussion in 'DVD-VCR combos' started by brenda893, Feb 9, 2012.

1. brenda893

brenda893 Member

I have a Sanyo vcr/dvd that i am using ,I could record tv shows on the vcr when i had cable tv, now i have dish network and i cannot get the vcr hooked up so the tv and dish and vcr all work together. Can someone tell me how to hook up vcr so i can record shows from tv again? I would appreciate any help. Thank you ,
    Brenda

2. mphsbelle

mphsbelle Member

Do you still have the manual that came with the VCR/DVD? If not, there are probably 2 sets of outputs on the back of the Dish box. One probably hooks directly to your tv. See what type of hook up the other one uses - red, yellow and white old hook ups or red blue green video with red/ white audio or the third choice of s-video with red/white audio cables. You probably have some of these old cords lying around. And most TVs still have hook up in the back for them. Run one set from the output on the Dish box to the VCR/DVD input; then run another set from the output of the VCR/DVD tithe corresponding input on your tv. Lastly, you will need to tune in to what source/input you plugged into on the back of the tv to watch the DVD/VCR . If you have a HD TV, remember that the picture will not be as good with the old hook ups; if you have a VCR/DVD with hdmi outputs , using hdmi cords would be best but only if you have two hdmi outputs on the back of the Dish box. I know it sounds confusing but it really isn't. Good luck

3. brenda893

brenda893 Member

4. brenda893

brenda893 Member

Thank you,i will try this.