1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tm500 super help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jondalor, Feb 16, 2012.

1. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

hi guys, i've just got a tm500 super but it's password protected and so i can't access it, can anyone point me to a decent image for this box and patches just in case. i have tm control centre, but am i right in saying DCC would also do the job?
    thanks in advance

2. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

sorry, dream up, not DCC

3. piopat

piopat Active member

if you mean using dream control center to edit cccam etc then yes it will work fine . if you just bought the box new it shouldnt be password protected or do you mean pin protected ? .try pin 0000 or 2011

there is an image with a bug in it which for some reason password protects the box (with an unknown password not the default)your box may have this image .if the box has tuxcom installed (similar to tuxbox) you might be in luck ,press the yellow button and see if you see tuxcom ,if you do open it by scrolling to it via the up and down buttons on your remote .now as with dream control center choose var then choose etc then choose password .you should see some thing like this
    root:$1$$I2o9Z7NcvQAKp7wyCTlia0:0:0::/:/bin/sh
    change it to
    root::0:0::/:/bin/sh
    then exit and save and try dcc or tmcc and see if you can acces the box .

if tuxcom isnt installed the image you have may allow you to install it via the addons menu which i believe you do via the blue button ,of course the box must be connected to your router .if you cant change the password you will have to reflash the box .

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

pio, thanks for your indept answer, i should have given more info, it is pw protected i.e i can't access ftp or telnet from dcc, i have d/l tuxbox and again can make no changes, as this is my first tm, i'm looking to reflash with new image but am having probs finding the right one and any patches i may/maynot need. since my last post i THINK i may have found one.... i'll let you know, if you can give a definnitive link to an image ill take it!!
    thanks again

5. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

well no joy tonight, i can see tuxcom in addons but can do nothing with it, i can see passwd in var/etc but can't access it, press 4 to edit but no joy, and the image i have will not flash, i get a few N:initilize/monitor/ready then turn on box and i get E:count number/unknown. it is tmcc v1.0 so maybe tomorrow i'll see if there is a newer version. thanks for your help, any more much appreciated

6. piopat

piopat Active member

sorry i didnt explain that as clear as i could have ,what you do is scroll down to var (press ok button ) ,then scroll down to etc (press ok button),then scroll down to passwd (DONT press the ok button )instead just press number 4 on your remote .now you should see the first line highlighted and you can then edit the password line .i hope that helps .

7. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

ok pio, i've now got access to pw folder,thanks for that, but can't figure how to delete half of the line. i can delete the line, mark it or 'to linux format' it also i have insert line (but i can't figure how to do it) i don't have an edit option.

8. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

hold on, pressed ok and suddenly i've more options, i'll only have to learn this once..i promise!!

9. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

oh for gods sake, where's the delete button. RED BUTTON = clear input but it doesn,t.

10. piopat

piopat Active member

maybe the progam in your box (if its tuxcom )is a little different to my box which is tuxbox but as i say with mine i scroll to var and press ok button /then i scroll to etc and press the ok button /then i scroll to passwd and i simply press number 4 to edit .i dont know if you ever manually put a code in to a cable dreambox but its pretty much the same thing .when you have done the above and the first line is highlighted scroll to the line you want to edit using the up and down button ,then when your on the line to edit press ok (the first letter or number should be highlighted )and then press the right button on the remote and the move to the first letter or number you want to delete (there should be a delete option )then carry on untill you deleted all you need to delete.when finished save and exit .

dont even worry if you accidentaly delete the whole line because you can type in what you need to type using your remote control in exactly the same way as you would write a text on your mobile phone.

11. piopat

piopat Active member

if you think its easier to delete the whole line do it and then re enter the part of the line i gave you above.

12. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

sorry for time it took me to reply, no there is no delete option, so yes i deleted line and put in again i.e what i needed to put- very awkward with no delete- so now i've ftp and telnet thru dcc and guess what.. CCcam config in var/etc is a dir folder
    it reads CCcam.cfg->/tmp dir 1.1.1970 777
    and has a pointed finger in front, either way, i don't know how to edit it or even see it, could i just ftp a new CCcam cfg and delete the exsisting folder

13. piopat

piopat Active member

well done atleast you have access to the box now and you wont hhave to reflash it .you can edit cccam.cfg and add your c line the same way but it might be easier using dream control center,or as you say you could replace the cccam.cfg file with another cccam.cfg file.you can download a cccam.cfg file from link number 1 in my signature area ,its got two example n lines in it just delete back as far as the line number (but leave the line number )then add your c line exit and save and then ftp the file into var/etc .

14. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

looks like ill replace cfg altogether, but do you relise i can't edit the cfg file as it stands. when i left click the file, view and edit are NOT options, it seems i can delete it(its an option ive not tried yet). at this stage it'll have to wait till morning, thanks for all your help, ill letnyou know how it goes.

15. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

sorry right click!!

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

download flashxp and use it instead. it is by far the easiest method of transferring or editing files on a linux box

17. piopat

piopat Active member

i remembered how to delete(dont know why i didnt think of it last night) ,when you have the line you want to edit highlighted press ok button ,then press the right button on the remote untill the first letter or number you want to delete is highlighted ,now press the down button on the remote .

you will first go through all the letters of the alphabet (a to z ) then you will go through the numbers 0 to 9 ,then you get symbols such as / . , ? etc ,when you go through the symbols you will come across a blank space (thats it )leave the blank space then press the right button and scroll to the next letter or number you want to delete and do the same .its a bit slow i know but it works and you can edit any line like that .

are you using tm cc ? ihave to imagine it has an edit option ,but you can try dcc or as fintann says flashxp .you dont have to delete your current cccam.cfg file as when you ftp the new file in to the tm500 the new file while over write the old file .

18. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

thanks pio, i managed to get into .cfg file through the remote, i found a cline and about 16 N:lines, also the cam installed is CCcam 2.104, is this different to 2.1.4?
    when i download cams all CCcams have this extra 0 that i'm not familliar with. either way i think at this stage i'd be happier just to reflash with a good image and put in my own cline, can you reccomend an image.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

jondalor, dcc is utter rubbish. look at flashfxp and then you will understand

20. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

fint,ive d/l the 30 day trail, i,m still without an image, and have not looked properly at flashxf, although, the more smiple it is the better