1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nagra 3 Hacked

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by EAMO_TOO, Feb 21, 2012.

1. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Would like senior members to give views on this post
    http://nagravisionthree.blogspot.com/
    Posted on alt site Sunday by Far-East volunteer
    the legendary JATROPHASEED, son of DURIANTREETOP

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

nagra3 has been hacked for quite some time now. hence the kryptview/starview solution. the issue is that the gear required to do the job is expensive. as such it is not practicable for individual users but will work for the high-end folk at kv/sv

3. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

How are you, Fint. Quoted post is above my head, hence ask seniors for thoughts on it.
    Don't consider KV/STVU UK solution to be N3 hack as requires connection to internet
    i.e. card-share method. My definition of N3 hack is box connected to provider cable ONLY
    and software clearing encrypted channels as stand-alone method

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

eamo, it is one and the same thing. in the old days it was just keys. today to share n3 cards the card must first be hacked. to hack the card you need both rsakey and boxkey of the n3 receiver. to do this requires expensive equipment which kv/sv have done. once they hack these keys then the card can be used in a server and shared or used in a receiver like a dm500c. so the old keys solution no longer works but i'm sure there is someone out there for a price will accept your receiver, hack it, and send it back to you so you can put in a dreambox to view until n3 becomes n4

5. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

Don't believe N3 can't be hacked for use without c/s. Don't believe provs will use Kudelski for next encryption level as seems likely N1 & N2 fixes were leaked by insider to encourage provs to upgrade encryption system. Most of original hackers are now retired,
    dead or working for provs or encryption companies

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

eamo, n3 is cracked without c/s. my point is that it takes expensive hardware to do that crack and most folks would not wish to invest on an individual basis. this is why only a large c/s server is interested in the proposition

7. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

You misunderstand my meaning Fint. If stand-alone hack was viable without c/s why would server not invest in hacking equipment & recoup his money in selling boxes flashed with N3 crack, thereby eliminating all probs currently associated with large scale servers
    overloading system resulting in channel loss & freezing picture. There are small servers running on cable with less than 100 clients & service is perfect. Once server B/B, client B/b & both cable prov signal is good c/s is fine. Problems are caused by large scale servers not investing enough money in system equipment & not paying for enough capacity
    Diversity factor is fine in some electrical situations but goes out window when major event is on c/s boxes

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

maybe providing postal addresses on return addresses. eamo, cable is a different game

9. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

You have me lost now Fint, but cable or sat if server puts on too many clients service
    will suffer

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

eamo you may be right. i ain't making sense. sat and cable are identical in that c/s is the only option for both. problem is that hacking cable is a lot more complex. if the user could find a 'friend' who may perhaps be able to read box and rsa keys then it is possible for that user to share their subscription by using that card in something like a dm500c. the user would have to send their cable box to this 'friend' to have the necessary data read from card and cable box. sorry for the confusion

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Thats happening already with cable, folks using dreambox C to share amongst close groups of friends with other dreambox cable boxs, think what Eamo is saying, standalone boxs running on firmware with out the need to share or connect to any server, as it was on say N2, be interesting to see what comes out of it or if its another "breakthrough" that were reported over the years.

12. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

How are you Mickah,
    Fint is under impression N3 cable card is harder to crack. There is no need to send box to server. Same as sat, enter c-line on box image & all channels server is paying for will clear

13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

eamo, you read me wrong. what i am saying is if you want to be the server you must first be able to hack your own card. i'm aware as a client it works the same way as sat.

14. overhill

overhill Member

Hope I am using the right thread. I was going to put dish with 4 connectors, up on the side of my house for freeview but tree blocking signal. I am on pension and have basic service from chorous cable with sly sports. Thinking that almost as dear to ask someone put up a cable on the chimney for freeview as put one up for card sharing. Will the kryptview 750 box I have suffice with router connector or should I buy two new boxes and how permanent do you think this solution might be bearing in mind that you are discussing a possible new encryption system. I hope you boys can help me.

15. EAMO_TOO

EAMO_TOO Regular member

16. overhill

overhill Member

Many thanks Eamo. I made a mistake as it is actually UPC I am on for basic cable + sky sports. However from what you are saying the sat server is the way forward.
    I really appreciate your help and will reflect on it for awhile.