1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using my HDTV as PC probem!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by goyankees, Apr 7, 2012.

1. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Ok, so i have 2 tv's that i have both hooked up to my pc. My 1st tv is hooked up via vga to my pc and it is 720p. This tv i have no problem with the pc, it recognizes and displays the screen perfectly.

Now, my 55' Sony Bravia is another story. I figured out that the only way i can view my pc through the 55' 1080p is when it is in extended mode and i have to drag applications to the far right to be able to see them on the tv. Also, i'm forced to use 24hz, which is choppy as hell. If i try anything higher than 24hz the tv stays blank. I can do a duplicate of the screen but it only works on 720p. This is my main concern. I'd like to be able to either see my pc on duplicate on 1080p. Any reason why i cant view my pc through the 55' except on 720p? And why i can only view it 1080p when it is in extended mode? Any help will do, thanks guys!!

2. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

bummppp bump...any resolution i put it eventually turns into green spots and flickers. Maybe it is my hdmi cord being high speed? Ive used this same cord on another tv via pc and it worked fine.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  3. aldan

aldan Active member

what are your video card specs?

4. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

I have gforce gt530. Any single setting i put with my tv connected to hdmi it would eventually turn jumpy and have green spots and outlinings. Any settings at all. Doesn't matter if it was duplicate, extended anything. I connected it via vga and i get no problems BUT no 1080p :(

I'd appreciate any help. I use nvidia control panel. Can it be because the hdmi is high speed 1.4 maybe? I have no clue haahhaha. Thanks guys! Cheers!

edit...gt530 is updated completely, i checked in device manager.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  5. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Nothing?

6. aldan

aldan Active member

so it only acts up when you connect via hdmi? i would certainly think you have enough video card for the job.my next move would be to make sure you have the latest version hdmi cable.if you have an older one or a cheap one it may not transfer the data quick enough.sorta out of my area here but worth a look.

7. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

This is what i have; info from auction.

HDMI 1.4 Cable with Ethernet Support 10.2Gbps - 10 FT

The newest and best digital video connection on the market. HDMI is the only cable that can transfer uncompressed high-definition video and multi channel digital audio in resolutions higher than 1440p. The cable will allow the transfer of digital audio and video in a single cable, permitting a less confusing mess of wires and a cleaner entertainment center. The HDMI connector is small, which makes it is ideal for installers and in-wall use. HDMI cables can be used with your HDTV's, DVD players, game consoles, cable and satellite set top boxes and DVRs. This cable conforms to the latest HDMI version 1.4.

The HDMI Ethernet Channel - Delivers Ethernet data inter-connectivity to compatible devices through the HDMI port so you don't need extra cables to get extended features.

Audio Return Channel - Allows the HDMI connection between a television and A/V receiver to transmit audio two ways, both upstream and downstream. This eliminates the need for a separate audio cable and ensures you maintain the high digital audio quality of HDMI.

3D Support - Supports several different methods of rendering 3D images.

4K x 2K Support - Resolution on par with state-of-the-art Digital Cinema projectors used in the local multiplexes will be coming to your living rooms. 4K x 2K represents resolutions of 3840x2160 and 4096x2160.

More Color Spaces Supported - Supports three more color space options, sYCC601 color, Adobe RGB Color and Adobe YCC601 color in addition to the X.V color support previously supported by Deep Color. Each of these promise to deliver a wider palette of colors to bring you more vibrant pictures.

Specs & Features

Gold-plated connectors for highest signal transfer rate and resistance in corrosion.
    Large gauge PVC jacket provides maximum shielding against wear and tear and extreme temperatures
    Reinforced quad-layer braided shielding and Mylar-foil shielding provides utmost protection against RF and EM interference
    Molded strain-relief design lessens plug/socket pressure
    Designed to meet all HDMI standards
    Supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and upto 2160p resolution
    Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream capable
    Fully supports 3D over HDMI feature
    Cable Length: 10 ft
    Color: Black

8. aldan

aldan Active member

the hdmi specs are ok.have you tried another cord in case the one you have is kaput?if you try another cord and no change i would be thinking video card.does it do it with your monitor hooked up?

9. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

I use th same exact hdmi cord on my smaller 720p tv and I get no problems at all. I will try another hdmi and I wanna try an hdmi not high speed either. I'm stumped. But thanks! I'll try it out!

10. goyankees

goyankees Regular member

Changed cable and everything fine now! Thanks

11. aldan

aldan Active member

good to hear.