1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to transfer photos from iphone to PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Wentworth2, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wentworth2

Wentworth2 Member

There are some photos in my iphone and I have to transfer them to my pc for editing. So I synced my iphone to computer and open itunes. Normally the pictures will appear on itunes but this time the folder was empty! I really dont know what?s going wrong! Could u pls help me...

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You can find them in My Computer by clicking on your device.

4. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

You need to do what Lethal_B suggested, you will find them there.

5. poppycao

poppycao Member

Anyway, in Windows you have to let Windows to sync the photos from phone to PC. This is normally happens when you plug the phone in to the PC, and the "what do you want to do with this device" dialogue pops-up. Its here you can choose to sync photos. If you dont get the pop-up youve probably told Windows it to not bother you ever again with that dialogue. You can reverse that by going to My Computer, right clicking on the phones icon and somewhere in there is the option re-enable or manually run an import.
    Whats more, you can refer this tutorials about how to transfer or copy photos from iPhone to Computer.
    Hope it can do you a favor.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  6. tipperjames

tipperjames Member

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer?
    I've never been able to use iTunes to sync iPhone photos to computer. Dunno why.
    Anyhoo, neither of these options require iTunes...

For Windows, navigate to My Computer, where there will be something that says "Yourname's Iphone". Open it up and keep moving through the files until you get to the "DCIM" folder. This is where your photos will be. From here, you can just copy and paste the photo files into your destination folder.

For Mac, I find it easiest to use iPhoto. Just open it up and your iPhone should be under the "devices" tab on the left column.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  7. wocdonm

wocdonm Member

try a tool copy phoneview.

8. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

This thread lists a number of methods to back up and transfer iphone data to PC/Mac - including iphone photos:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-218/ways_to_backup_iphone_data-935904/

9. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

Can you just email them to yourself? That is how I transfer my phone pics to my or any computer. Just open your photos menus on your iphone, once you have selected a picture on the lower left is a little box with an arrow coming out, simply touch it and email the photo. And you do not have to be near your computer, can do it almost instantly from wherever you took the pic or whatever.

Regards,
    Berry Martin

10. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I Agree with Lethal_B getting your pics is one of the easiest things you can do and apple lets you do it makes your iphone or ipad like a usb flash drive open the device navigate folders and copy paste.
    Easy as that.

Alternatively you can try

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/ipod_tools/sharepod.cfm

This program sharepod is a free tool for music video and picture transfer give it a shot looks easy to use.

11. jamesaguilar

jamesaguilar Member

For transferring your photos from iPhone to your computer, you need to synchronize your iOS device to the computer.

Before setting up your synchronization, you need to download and install the latest version of iTunes. You can do it either with WI-Fi synchronization or USB Synchronization.

For USB synchronization:

1. Open iTunes.

2. Connect the iOS device to your computer using the included USB cable and select it in iTunes under devices on the left-hand side. The tabs will appear according to the content in your library.

3. You can configure different content types in each tab.

4. To sync, click Apply, in the lower-right corner of the screen.

For Wi-Fi Synchronization:

1. Open iTunes

2. To set up Wi-Fi syncing, connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable. Select your device under devices on the left-hand side.

3. In the summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi".

4. Whenever the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, iOS device will appear in iTunes, and you can sync it. iOS device will sync automatically when the following aspects are considered. These include:

• The iOS device is plugged in to power
    • iTunes is open on the computer
    • The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network

5. While the iOS device appears in the left-hand column of iTunes, you can select the content tabs and configure sync options.

6. Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.

12. andrews04

andrews04 Member

I guess you just need to connect your iPhone to PC and wait for the auto-play pop up. No need to use iTunes for this.

13. HanllyJimes

HanllyJimes Member

Here?s how to enter into recovery mode, this works on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iPhone recovery. Disconnect the USB cable from your iPhone, but leave the other side connected to your Mac or PC
    1. Launch iTunes
    2. Press and hold down the Home and Sleep/Power button on the top of the iPhone to turn off the iPhone
    3. Press and continue to hold the Home button while you reconnect the USB cable to your iPhone, this will cause the iPhone to turn on
    4. Continue to hold the Home button until an alert message in iTunes informing you that an iPhone in recovery mode has been detected, like the guide below:

http://www.vibosoft.com/ios/extract-iphone-backup-from-itunes-mac-windows.html

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    Kolpoiu likes this.
  14. Semhaley

Semhaley Newbie

I just transferred my photos from iPhone to pc, and after comparing lots of tools, finally i chose iPubsoft iPad iPhone iPod to Computer Transfer which is exceedingly good on that! So if you want to copy iPhone photos to computer, don't miss it!
    Get a detailed guide here:
    www.ipubsoft.com/iphone/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer.html

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  15. JohnOscar

JohnOscar Newbie

You may use Photo Gallery from Windows Lives on PC.
    Or you may try to use iPhone Transfer to transfer them.
    If you are using Mac, you can manually connect them via USB.
    Or you can do it wirelessly on your iPhone by switch ON the Photo Stream under iCloud selection.
    Also you can read the guide
    https://goo.gl/lnYRBE

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.