1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

glitchy dreambox

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by atghawkin, Jun 3, 2012.

1. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Hi all last night my dreambox 800 hd pvr started to act up ,gets glithy and freezes every few seconds so i have decided to reflash and wanted to ask you all which image is good to use especially for a decent 7 day epg .The dreambox has a bl82 and 2.01 sim .By the way is there a reflash guide i could go by ?
    Cheers !

2. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

it could be down to ur supplyer try another cline m8 to try it out

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

as darn said. i had same trouble bought a cline just from googling about them, turns out it was doing what yours is so i lost 60 quid, found a private share and its flawless

4. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

thanks for reply lads,Been with the same guy for 10 months now never any probs, I reset my router and seems ok now ,would still like to reflash for a good epg any ideas on a good image?

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

6. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

7. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Hi all ,
    Back again with this "glitching" prob I don't think its my supplier because the glitching happens even on free to air so supplier said it could be the satellite dish .The problem is when watching any channel i get a kind of scrambled/pix-elated screen ,this happens for a second and then may go again a few seconds later until eventually the picture freezes but the sound continues .By this time the remote won't work and I have to pull the plug on the dreambox .Today i was updating the epg and i got a green screen and the box rebooted ,I opened dcc and the root memory is 81% full ,would this be a problem? could i delete files from it, if so what files ! any help would be great
    Cheers!

May have found the problem , i think its my upc broadband tried to watch a you tube vid and its the same picture freeze and sound jumping , techy coming out thurs.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

most likely reason is that you have downloaded crossepg from tspanel. most recent version of crossepg on tspanel is faulty. it loads program guide into flash rather than putting it in usb or hdd even if you configure it as such. then the box becomes unstable as there is too much happening in flash. load crossepg from here
    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-CrossEPG/downloads
    select the file
    enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git274+3e635ee-r0_mipsel.ipk

save the enigma2 crossepg plugin supplied to your pc
    open flashfxp and connect to the box
    open the /tmp folder on the right hand part of screen.
    on the left hand side locate the crossepg plugin, right click on it and transfer it to the dreambox

check the ipaddress of your dreambox by going to menu/setup/system/network/adaptor settings
    then open command prompt. easiest way to do this is press windows start button on yur laptop and type command prompt into the search field.

within the command prompt type telnet 192.168.x.x where x.x relects the ip address of your tv box.

put in root for username and dreambox for password

then type in the command below

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2+git274+3e635ee-r0_mipsel.ipk

(this update will take a minute)

now go to your tv and go to menu/setup/crossepg and configure as before

9. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Hi Finntannl,
    When I type in telnet and ipaddress I get a new screen with:
    ***dream elite 1.33DV3 phoenix***
    by Prz Group Italy ( original code by Dream Elite Team )

OpenDreambox 1.6.0 dm800

dm800 login:

At this stage i type "root" and then i get :

" root@dm800:~# "
    I cannot login , I have used "root" "dreambox" and "pass" to log in and all have failed ,any ideas? cheers!

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

this prompt indicates you are logged in. In many cases it is not necessary to put a password

11. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

if your free to air are same, its got to be dish or cable.. most likely is water in cable over period of time .

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

not true, dm800 has 300mhz processor and if flash is filled with program guide it slows the box to virtually zero, hence the pixellation

13. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

well i cant afford dream800 m8, so i wouldnt no.. damn you got me again fint... clever dude old m8

14. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Think thats it ! went through settings and did a new epg download so fingers crossed.
    Once again thanks for your help and by the way the image you suggested is top notch!

Cheers

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

as a suggestion while i use this version of crossepg on my vuduo and it has never failed it does seems to fail on the dreambox be times. so couple of tips. one is checking if your epg is stored in flash or on a storage device. now here i assume you have configured crossepg to download to either usb or hdd. if its all working as it should and you now have program guide then next thing is you should go menu button/dreamelite shutdown/restart. After the restart check if your epg is there. If so then it must be properly stored on your external device rather than flash, because if if it was on flash the reboot would have cleared all program guide.

next thing is that some nights (on a dm800) the crossepg will not update. so go on a channel, press blue button, then blue button again and select cron manager. Select add and then add a job to reboot box at 03.55am. Then add another job to put box in standby at 04.05. This is all under the assumption that you configured crossepg to default settings where it downloads once a day at 04.00am. with the dm800 i've always found that crossepg downloads after a reboot so what you have just done is reboot the box at 03.55am, done your program download at 0.400am and put your box back to sleep at 04.05am

16. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Thanks again Fintan,
    All is well according to the first paragraph . I don't leave anything plugged in at night so I have the crosspeg to update at 3 p.m. everyday so I'll stick with that.
    Cheers!

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

so problem solved or still glitchy?

18. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Well thats why I said fingers crossed in an earlier post! . So far so good ,no sign of any glitch but when I started this thread it was the 3rd of June and I was back again on the 7th July so I'll give it a while for a final answer :)
    Cheers!

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

hear you :)

20. Alfa33Man

Alfa33Man Member

Hi atghawkin,,

I wonder has your problem been resolved?

I also have this problem with the glitching,,and it is most annoying. I'm on My second "server" within 2 years,and also a different type of box,,and I still get the glitching.

Picture freezes for a second,sometimes 2 seconds,and when it comes back,,the picture is out of sync with the sound. So I have to change channel,and then go back..

If yours is fixed,,I'd go about trying that,after a lot more reading up on it. (Total Newbe).

Thanks.