1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please recommend Blu-ray internal burner for desktop

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tuppence, Jul 10, 2012.

1. tuppence

tuppence Guest

I am buying a new desktop PC, and want to install a Blu-ray burner in same. Will use burner for (1) backup Blu-ray disks; (2) make HD movies; and (3) backup existing data files from computer. Prefer to be able to burn single & dual-layer Blu-ray disks.

Can you recommend a good, reliable, internal Blu-ray burner for the new desktop? Would like to get software (not OEM) bundled with the burner, unless there is little cost for third-party software.

Also, please recommend blank disks to use with the burner.

In case it is important, here are the specs of my new computer:

Dell XPS 8500
    Intel i7 processor
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    12 GB RAM memory
    2 TB hard disk
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640 1GB GDDR5
    DVD burner + Blu-ray reader
    Dell ST2420L 24-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor with LED

2. luggs53

luggs53 Member

Hi I bought a LG-BH10LS38 , found it to be brilliant for buning any discs, I also bought DIGISTOR blank discs 25 gig & 50 gig using the latest version of Imagburn worked a treat for me.

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

The only problem I have using LG brand of burners is that it doesn't recognize certain brands of blank discs. Maybe it was just the model I happened to buy although that can be a problem with any brand of burner.I also have a Samsung burner and it recognizes any brands of blanks that I use so far.Verbatim AZO is the best brand of discs to use and Memorex is probably one of the worst.

4. Trinath

Trinath Member

Try in sony... you can get it better for laptops

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013