1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STARVIEW RIP OFF YET AGAIN

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by TuckerW, Aug 2, 2012.

1. TuckerW

TuckerW Member

Folks read this and learn your lesson, as it seems people just never do.

From another poster i read.
    FIRST OFF THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CHIPS IN THE BOX, ANOTHER STORY BEEN TOLD.

It was always going to happen, they are greedy bastards not happy with the subs they where getting now they want you to buy a new box as well as a sub, what a joke.

I say fook them dont buy any starview boxes, at the end of the day they need you more then you need them, i have always said when you bought a Kv box that was it there was no hidden charges, looks like i was right.

Guys the Starview and the Euroview is the same just different box, they just added a time bomb to the older boxes to kill them just like they done in the old days remember.

Why pay for something when there is no sub with KV you buy the box thats it, learn your lesson, SV ===== MONEY nothing else.

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes it does look like something big has happened to knock so many boxes off,be alot of angry people around.

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

With out the usual "I told ya so" this was said many moons ago, I and others were ridiculed and were accused of being in CAHOOTS with Kryptview, this was never the case, we tried to tell folks dont use em and the Starview guys jumped all over the place muddying the waters, not saying the KV is any great shakes, but you aint being hit in the pocket for subs or boxs and that says alot.

Anyone who is thinking of parting money on SV needs their heads examined, drop it, cut yer loss and get a KV if your not in a position to go to sat or you will be milked yet again.

4. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

So glad I swerved the sv.

Feel sorry for those who've been bumped.

So does anyone know how many sv's are down?

Is it like 20% or more, and are other older boxes likely to brick?

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

lucky dip judging from reports 101,102,104,106.
    others have same boxes working,others have powered off at rear and left with the led light.stating around 3 weeks from update.

6. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

where about on the box can you find the numbers to know if your box will work or not.

7. 2dogsfighting71

2dogsfighting71 Regular member

Jimbo

The number is on the label under the box (see the OP)

Looks like it's hit and miss whether your box will work.

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

update reading other posts say box died after powering off at rear then not working.
    box number update..101..102..104..106.,124.,
    some of the same numbers above still working by some.

all in the roll of the dice folks.

9. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

its a starview 7 i have, there is a label at the back of the box with a bar code,then under the bar code is the number.1061101104603
    anyone know if this box will work.

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

106 is one of those numbers listed,50/50 chance,when it dies you can come back and say yep gone,it may work for a 1min,day luck of the draw.

11. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

thanks cactikid, the box has been in the cupboard for the past few months and i dont have a sub with starview, got a e-mail from starview last week saying my sub was due up.
    starview must know what boxes are going to crash yet they still want to rip you off for another 25 quid.

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

aye due to low funds we need your money.

ps please buy our new range of boxes called euroview hopefull lol

13. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

hi guys,
    one of my friends SV6 box gets a GREEN light when he starts up, and it wont go any further. Have replaced the fuse on plug but still no joy.

any suggestions appreciated.

cheers

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

as in first post,he got shafted.

15. e45

e45 Regular member

Yep bin it as it will not work on SV server anymore, they have added a time bomb to the firmware on the older boxes to kill them off, as they are not selling boxes, and as this is their main source of revenue they needed to do something for to get people to buy boxes and not just subs from them.

I suggest you either go the SAT route if you can, if you cant i suggest you get a Kryptview where you buy the box and no subs to pay, your choice.

16. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

if that is true, then its very unfair, they shud not kill off boxes like that in order to sell newer model boxes.

Thanks for your advice guys, appreciated and i'll pass on the bad news to my m8, who im sure will be just gutted, cos he only bought a 12 month sub 8 weeks ago.

17. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

To be fair, anything they have done aint fair, from screwing the irish lads a long while back, to what they are doing now,

Stupidity and money is what keep these guys going and will do, as long as there is money ans stupidity, they will be in clover

You were all warned nearly 2 years back, some listened, some didnt

DONT BUY ANOTHER STARVIEW OR EUROVIEW PRODUCT,

18. cactikid

cactikid Active member

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

How many times do people have to have their hands burned before they realize they been ripped off and come crying when it goes pear shaped, thats why I wont or havent answered a SV issue here or anywhere else. The sooner the better folks realize they are being ripped off time and time again and either go Kryptview or Sat

20. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

they are now refusing to activate sv6 boxes that are perfectly working. their excuse is, their server refuses the box number, and yet you can receive the freeview channels on the box. so its clear they are trying to sell newer boxes to people.

Its only matter of activating the mac code on their server, simple as that. and when people do manage to get their boxes activated, why does it take more than 5 days for the box to be activated? thats just too long, especially when people are paying for the service. Compare it to the Sat systems, when you pay them, you almost instantly get your c/lines and within minutes your box is connected.

i wouldnt get another starview, people shud stay away from them.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012