1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend me a card supplier for a 3DS XL - uk based

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by hursty, Sep 25, 2012.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

as per title guys
    Juts about to buy a 3DS XL for my son, but wanted to set up an R4 or whatever i need
    any uk based outlets online i can trust?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

find one and purchase but be far warned that these devices have been deemed illegal by the u.k government so if they scan your package and find your r4 you might get busted so be careful and make sure it comes in a undisclosed looking box

3. shalome

shalome Regular member

Yeah, just as mega said, UK has banned the flashcart, it is hard to find a uk based site. recommend you buy from here: http://www.dsflashcart.com/ a little confused, you title says you want to buy flashcart for your 3DS XL, but in the thread, you say DSi XL. recommend you buy a r4i gold 3ds or acekard 2i for your DSi, if you plan to buy a flashcart for your 3DS XL, have you noticed that the latest 3DS firmware V4.4.0-10 has blocked nearly all the flashcarts, currently only dstwo flashcart can work on it. so if you want to buy a 3DS XL, you need to check what the system does the console have, if the version is lower than V4.4.0-10. you can still buy other flashcart and don't update your console. if you the version is already on thelatest, then you can only buy dstwo card.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

Sorry dude, my mistake, its a 3DS console i am getting

some sound advice :)

also, i have been reading that they dont play "3D" game roms yet

what type of games would i be using on them,and what is the difference when looking to get hold of them roms?

(i have been out of the gaming world for some time now! and have lost all touch with the world of consoles, lol)

@mega, thats why i need uk based supplier

5. shalome

shalome Regular member

Yeah, no flashcart can play 3DS roms, because 3DS hasnt been hacked yet. and all the flashcarts only let you play DS games on your 3DS without 3DS feature. and some betteer cards can let you play gba games. another update: today r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn has also released the update patch for 3DS V4.4.0-10, so this card can also work on the 3DS V4.4.0-10 now. check here: http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html this is a good news. because DStwo is very expensive, if you don't need the dstwo extra features, such as real time save, real time menu, play gba games, then i would suggest r4i gold 3ds, very good card.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

Cheers

price isnt an issue to be honest, i just need something that i know wil work

Finding a UK based supplier is another issue??

which of these do i need?

http://www.r4shop.co.uk/r4-for-3ds.html

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  7. shalome

shalome Regular member

Ok, i have checked the site, see here: http://www.r4shop.co.uk/faq looks like they ship the items from China Hongkong, will take about 15 days, so not UK based, actually you can not find a really UK based site, because UK law dont allow it.

8. hursty

hursty Active member

any idea which card i need then? there seems to be loads, i want going to order one, see if it turns up

9. hursty

hursty Active member

bump

going to risk ordering from that site
    just need to know which card to get

thanks

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  10. shalome

shalome Regular member

Just buy a R4i gold 3ds or DStwo, currently only those two cards are working on the latest 3DS XL firmware.

11. hursty

hursty Active member

12. MrBarlow

MrBarlow Member

was looking for just such a thread as wanted to get one also in UK, and went to the link that you posted for worldnds but they dont seem to have any flashcards on there anymore and you only posted it this week....

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. hursty

hursty Active member

link works for me