1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install Android OS on original Xbox?

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by keebles, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keebles

keebles Regular member

I have seen where people have ported linux to the original xbox and it runs decently on it. I am just wondering if it possible to port and run Android on it. If you could, think of all the things you could do with it. You would be able to run most of the market place apps on it ( youtube, opera browser, ect...).

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Nah just did a quick search even the earlier versions required more than 100mb ram & something about ARM architecture whatever that is & by all accounts was never designed for keyboard or mouse,it looks to me it would be more trouble than what it's worth (would most probably require a major overhaul of it's source code)especially now with phones that are a fraction of the size & more powerful than the xbox,however the only person i know round here is member ps355528,what she don't know about linux hasn't been invented yet *thinks to self yeah that comment's gotta be worth'a few brownie points*

http://www.netmite.com/android/mydroid/development/pdk/docs/system_requirements.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

4. keebles

keebles Regular member

still would be cool if it could be done. It would give new life to the old units that still work.

5. deadpixel1

deadpixel1 Newbie

I find it interesting that you want to install Android on your Xbox. I just read another recent post here on afterdawn where someone wanted to install Android on their Blackberry Playbook. It speaks volumes about the success of Google's Android OS.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.