1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI, Pc to TV Problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jb177, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jb177

jb177 Member

Hello guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Connection to my TV.

The first problem is that the sound is constantly disappearing, this happens all the time and i can get it to work again by disabling my graphics card and enabling it again in device manager.

The problem is it works just watching one video then the moment I close that video and try to open another it doesn't work and I have to follow the same procedure to get the sound back again.

The second problem is still with the HDMI Connection to the TV but is very rare and is also temporarily fixed by the same procedure only difference being it is the desktop resolution.

It seems to not be able to use my full TV screen and the desktop will start at least an inch in on each side of the screen.

My Laptop Specifications are as follows.

Laptop Model - Acer Aspire 7540
    Graphics Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
    Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium

My TV is a Technika 40-270 as far as I'm aware it is basically a 40" technika TV from Tesco for about £299

Its not the biggest problem out there but i prefer to use my laptop on my tv screen as i have a wireless keyboard and mouse so this is becoming a bit of an inconvenience.

I hope you guys can help me it would be much appreciated and thank you for any help I may receive, I hope to hear something soon.

Jamie

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Go in to your tv settings and enable/disable overlay - one of the two, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Not sure about your intermittent sound issues, might be a faulty HDMI cable? Have you tried another? Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date.

3. allross

allross Member

upgrade your graphics card sound card and if possible windows to ultimate ( edited by ddp)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

allross, post edited due to piracy issues. why upgrade to windows ultimate?

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

6. gangnam

gangnam Member

i have a problem with my hdmi cable...or not...for a year now everything was ok...the connection between tv and my pc was working perfect....and now for some reason when i connect my laptop(packard bell limited edition) with the tv(LG) the tv recognize that something has connect with the HDIM and the pc too but when i put it,it doesnt transfer image.i have sound but it says that it hasnt signal....what can i do????the cable i think its ok cause when i put it to ps3 everything its good.what can i do to know if the problem is on my HDMI port?????please help me.

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gangnam, start your own thread about your problem as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no.
    8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487