1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Web Update A780

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by e45, Nov 6, 2012.

1. e45

e45 Regular member

Guys they are aware of the problem and are in the process of sorting it out, just be patient.

2. mks2001

mks2001 Member

Thank you for letting us know.

3. e45

e45 Regular member

all back on now guys

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

also recheck if there is a 12112012 update .

5. noideame

noideame Regular member

cheers e45

6. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Just seen this thread after posted on earlier thread, done the s/w update on box downstairs where main feed is, factory default, tried to scan on all 4 networks chorus, ntl, telewest, ex c&w, but comes up 'already exist' and just reverts back to installation page, have in the past get 'Oxford' in list of network id, but nothing apart from already exist, signal strength is good but just goes back to 'installation' page. Dont want to touch the box upstairs that is working fine any info please anyone???

7. noideame

noideame Regular member

you done scan via direct feed, no splitters or modem/router connected.

8. cactikid

cactikid Active member

what firmware is on box,oxford is that ex c&w,are you scanning from main feed no splitters
    choose correct net id.

9. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Hi,
    Firmware is Aprils 2012.

When you say Scanning do you mean S/W Update or Auto Search OR is it the Net ID? I have chose them all over last few years not sure what was the last one i selected. It is the Direct Feed i am using.

What i have done earlier was Data Transfer and box is working all ok at the mo, i have Power Search Mode OFF on both boxes now.
    Should i S/W Update still or leave it?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

NOIDENAME
    you done scan via direct feed, no splitters or modem/router connected.

Regards your quote above, SCAN do you mean S/W UPDATE? Or Auto search Scan, are you saying to take/turn off the router out when S/W UPDATE/Scan Auto Search or Do you mean Scanning for ID Network?

As in other post i have done Transfer Data from good working box to the one that was playing up, and box is working ok now, have both POWER SEARCH MODE OFF? Please advise of what i should or could do now? Cheers

11. cactikid

cactikid Active member

yes you have missed 2s/w online updates,try first a factory reset and when done power off at rear,remove coaxial cable and power on see if the box will do a s/w online update.when done rescan for channels and choose correct net id

if you dont keep an eye on updates the box will have problems later.

12. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

You say i have missed 2 s/w updates?

You say remove Coaxial Cable.....when do i put it back in after s/w update, or when?

Shall i leave the Power Search Mode OFF?

13. noideame

noideame Regular member

do a software update first (which you said you have done) while everything connected router/modem. then do the factory reset. then connect your box direct to wall feed, no splitters or routers connected, then scan (auto search)for programmes, but as cactikid has said you need correct net id as vm have changed some, in mine i now have only one option so no hit and miss to find correct one.

14. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

You say after s/w update & factory reset, TO CONNECT WALL FEED (do you mean s/w update and factort rest WITHOUT this connected? Then CONNECT it AFTER? Then DISCONNECT router...turn OFF altogether? Then SCAN/AUTO SEARCH still without Router on when do i turn on router? How do i know what my correct NET ID is? Really getting confused honestly i do have only 2 brain cells!

15. noideame

noideame Regular member

have everything connected (router/modem)when doing software update, then the factory reset.then disconnect router from the box, then connect the box directly to wall feed, then do a scan for programmes, then connect router back to box (if you turned router off let it reboot and wait 1 minute)then try again, if it doesnt work then i presume its your net id, but i dont know what yours is.

16. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

NOIDEAME....Have quoted your piece below, but have inserted my q's which am unclear of

have everything connected (router/modem)when doing software update, then the factory reset. then disconnect router from the box,(this is the ethernet plug at back of box or do i have to turn router off by the mains?)

THIS IS CONFUSING YOU SAY then connect the box directly to wall feed,(WAS THIS NOT CONNECTED AS YOU STATED ABOVE 'HAVE EVERYTHING CONNECTED'?
    then do a scan for programmes, then connect router back to box (if you turned router off let it reboot and wait 1 minute)then try again, if it doesnt work then i presume its your net id, but i dont know what yours is.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  17. noideame

noideame Regular member

1)yes the ethernet plug.
    2)with mine i have vm modem connected as well so i need a splitter, so i need to disconnect splitter and connect direct from wall to box.

18. Lisboa67

Lisboa67 Regular member

Originally posted by Lisboa67:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NOIDEAME....Have quoted your piece below, but have inserted my q's which am unclear of

have everything connected (router/modem)when doing software update, then the factory reset. then disconnect router from the box,(this is the ethernet plug at back of box or do i have to turn router off by the mains?)

THIS IS CONFUSING YOU SAY then connect the box directly to wall feed,(WAS THIS NOT CONNECTED AS YOU STATED ABOVE 'HAVE EVERYTHING CONNECTED'?
    then do a scan for programmes, then connect router back to box (if you turned router off let it reboot and wait 1 minute)then try again, if it doesnt work then i presume its your net id, but i dont know what yours is.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)yes the ethernet plug.
    2)with mine i have vm modem connected as well so i need a splitter, so i need to disconnect splitter and connect direct from wall to box.

So a Checklist before i do all this, can you check and amend before i give it a go?

1) So EVERYTHING PLUGGED IN (coaxial cable? ethernet plug?) and do a s/w update and then Factory Default Reset.

2) Then disconnect the Ethernet Plug out of back of box.

3) Keep Main Feed Coaxial Cable Connected to Box as in Q 1)

4) Scan for Channels Auto-Search.

5) Plug Ethernet Plug Back in to box.

6) Power Search Mode ON or OFF?

No need to turn box on/off at the back anytime doing this?

Also another problem i am getting a lot is 'no signal blah blah' coming up watching programs, so am having to pull plug out on router then plug back in? Could this be numerous people using PC's & Laptops in the house, or do i need a new router or ethernet plugs?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  19. noideame

noideame Regular member

1) So EVERYTHING PLUGGED IN (coaxial cable? ethernet plug?) and do a s/w update and then Factory Default Reset. YES

2) Then disconnect the Ethernet Plug out of back of box.YES

3) Keep Main Feed Coaxial Cable Connected to Box as in Q 1)YES IF YOU HAVE NO SPLITTER

4) Scan for Channels Auto-Search.YES

5) Plug Ethernet Plug Back in to box.YES

6) Power Search Mode ON or OFF? MINE IS ON

No need to turn box on/off at the back anytime doing this? TURN OFF AFTER FACTORY RESET THEN BACK ON BEFORE DOING AUTO SEARCH

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  20. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i would have said remove coaxial cable to update box as the update is through the lan port
    the reason i mention this is any info can only be taken in by lan as the coaxial cable is unplugged.
    are your cables old or new and connection are good and tight.