1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gonna be loooking for home surround sound in xmas sales.

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by xboxdvl2, Nov 9, 2012.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

hi everyone
    i plan to be buying a surround sound system during xmas sales or just after xmas as prices will go down.hoping to spend up to $1000.want at least 5.1 channel surround sound.gonna be connecting it to a sony ex520 tv aswell.i want loud clear sound with plenty of bass and i dont want something that will distort if i turn it loud.all suggestions are welcome.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

come on people you should have some sugestion.in the panasonic going out of business thread you had advice which is why i made this one.

BUMP

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

A lot of the quality of your sound system will depend on the speaker system that you use.There are a lot of stores that you can go to and listen to the different systems to see which one you like best.Most stores that sell car stereos have a setup where you can try different combinations of speakers with the stereo systems.Good luck with your shopping for your new surround sound.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

just an update.got a onkyo 5.1 channel reciever,which puts out 140 watts per channel.also got speakers off ebay they will be here monday morning.the speakers i got are accusound reference 6.6

hope to have it all set up by monday afternoon.the set up looks pretty straight forward.I have all the cables and wires i need but im probably gonna get a hdmi cable during the week for audio return instead of digital optical output.dont really need advice now but i might update and let you guys know how it sounds once its set up.

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Don't crank it up to loud you just might break some of the windows in the house.

7. cactikid

cactikid Active member

have to put it back into operation again i like my sound,removed last year to get widows replaced,and then got dry lining done on inside of walls.