AfterDawn: Tech news

Consumers still hesitant to upgrade to Windows 8

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 16 Nov 2012 4:23 User comments (51)

Consumers still hesitant to upgrade to Windows 8 According to a survey from anti-virus company Avast, most Windows users in the U.S. know what Windows 8 is, but only a few are looking to upgrade to it.
Worse for Microsoft, is the fact that almost one third of those surveyed said they would look to Apple when it came time to upgrade from their Windows XP, Vista or 7 machine.

The survey comes on the heels of Microsoft firing Steve Sinofsky, the longtime head of the Windows division. It remains unclear whether the move was a personality clash between Sinofsky and Ballmer or because of the lukewarm reception to Windows 8.

Avast polled 1.6 million users of its software and received 135,329 responses from U.S. Windows users.

65 percent used Windows 7, 22 percent still used Windows XP and 8 percent used Vista. 60 percent were aware of Windows 8 but just 9 percent "said they would accelerate a decision to buy a new computer just to have Windows 8, while more than 70 percent said they planned to stick with what they have."

Microsoft has not released official sales figures for Windows 8 but they are said to be strong, or at least on par with Windows 7 during the same launch period.

Previous Next  

51 user comments

116.11.2012 16:28

I bought it, but only because it was cheap now. I couldn't tell anyone I know to switch to it because they would have 500 questions and I wouldn't be around to help.

Most people don't sit around to try and figure out how something works, they just want it to work for them easily.

216.11.2012 17:57

I could probably get it free... and I still don't want it.

316.11.2012 18:07

Maybe 10 years from now when they get all the bugs out of it I might buy it providing I'm still alive.

416.11.2012 18:29

Holy Distortion, Batman!

This article doesn't come close to accurately describing the survey results.

First, the survey was performed BEFORE the official release of Windows 8 (and the release of any new computers that came with Windows 8 pre-installed). And yet the headline to this article says consumers are "STILL" hesitant to upgrade. Whoops.

Second, this article claims that 1/3 of Windows users plan to switch to Apple when they "upgrade" their current Windows machine. Again, not even close to accurate. The survey actually said that when current Windows users buy their "NEXT" computer, 30% said that their next computer purchase would be an iPad. These were not people who were planning to upgrade their Windows PC to an iPad. That's ridiculous. These were people who are planning to stick with their Windows PC and also purchase an iPad as a second (or third) computing device. In fact, the Avast rep who described the poll results specifically stated that the poll results reflected the fact that "Most people are going to the iPad as their second or third computing device." The fact that 30% of respondents intend to "go to the iPad as their second or third computing device" is not even remotely supportive of Andre's claim that 1/3 will " look to Apple when it comes time to UPGRADE FROM their Windows XP, Vista or 7 machine."

Third, this article claims that the survey suggests "only a few are looking to upgrade to [Windows 8]." The survey says nothing of the kind. Rather, the survey only looks at how many people would "accelerate a decision to buy a new computer just to have Windows 8." 9% said they would, while 70% said they would continue using their existing PC. The survey did not ask, and does not purport to say, how many people would keep their existing PC but upgrade the OS to Windows 8. The article also does not ask, and does not purport to say, how many people will purchase a Windows 8 computer when they replace their existing PC.

516.11.2012 19:58

Originally posted by SoTired:
Holy Distortion, Batman!

First, the survey was performed BEFORE the official release of Windows 8 (and the release of any new computers that came with Windows 8 pre-installed). And yet the headline to this article says consumers are "STILL" hesitant to upgrade. Whoops.

Second, this article claims that 1/3 of Windows users plan to switch to Apple when they "upgrade" their current Windows machine. Again, not even close to accurate. The survey actually said that when current Windows users buy their "NEXT" computer, 30% said that their next computer purchase would be an iPad. These were not people who were planning to upgrade their Windows PC to an iPad. That's ridiculous. These were people who are planning to stick with their Windows PC and also purchase an iPad as a second (or third) computing device. In fact, the Avast rep who described the poll results specifically stated that the poll results reflected the fact that "Most people are going to the iPad as their second or third computing device." The fact that 30% of respondents intend to "go to the iPad as their second or third computing device" is not even remotely supportive of Andre's claim that 1/3 will " look to Apple when it comes time to UPGRADE FROM their Windows XP, Vista or 7 machine."

Third, this article claims that the survey suggests "only a few are looking to upgrade to [Windows 8]." The survey says nothing of the kind. Rather, the survey only looks at how many people would "accelerate a decision to buy a new computer just to have Windows 8." 9% said they would, while 70% said they would continue using their existing PC. The survey did not ask, and does not purport to say, how many people would keep their existing PC but upgrade the OS to Windows 8. The article also does not ask, and does not purport to say, how many people will purchase a Windows 8 computer when they replace their existing PC.
You sound like a microsoft troll!

616.11.2012 20:11

Originally posted by joebloe12:
Holy Distortion, Batman!

Joybloe, did you really read SoTired's comment? He by no means sounds like an M$ troll to me, on the contrary, he pointed out things the survey said that is all. Many of the thing he pointed out, as i take it would not be favorable to M$.

716.11.2012 20:49

I have to agree. While I often disagree with SoTired, he seems spot-on here.

816.11.2012 20:57

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 a month ago. I can download Windows 8 for I think the minus side of $15 by January 31st. I'll probably do it, but not do the upgrade for a while. Windows 7 seems to be working just fine for me right now, and I'm not one to be the first to jump on the latest and greatest gizmo if you know what I mean.

916.11.2012 22:59

Worst operating system since Millenium ! Horrible looking, horrible to use, and slow !!! Pass it up !

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 16 Nov 2012 @ 11:00

1016.11.2012 23:20

joebloe12, SoTired doesn't read as a ms troll to me!!

1117.11.2012 01:07

Originally posted by SomeBozo:
Holy Distortion, Batman!

Joybloe, did you really read SoTired's comment? He by no means sounds like an M$ troll to me, on the contrary, he pointed out things the survey said that is all. Many of the thing he pointed out, as i take it would not be favorable to M$.

Yes, I DID read his comments and it seems like he is making the case that Microsoft somehow did not get a fair shake or that he is sticking up for them.

I absolutely disagree with that.

I think windows 8 IS a bad selling OS. (Or just bad, period) Why? Because it is an OS designed for a tablet that MS tried to force people to use with a mouse and keyboard...guess what?

It just does not work as well as win 7 or XP. Those operating systems were designed with a computer in mind and not a stupid afterthought of making an all-in one operating system like win 8 so people have to use it on their computers.

I think there is a reason for win 8 not selling very well and that reason is, that people reject the notion of having to buy a touchscreen for their computer or clumsily use win 8 with a mouse and keyboard.

SoTired reads as if people are buying up windows 8 in mass, the article is absolutely wrong and I do not think that they are!

I think there is a REASON people are not adopting to Windows 8 and that reason is the interface. It was never designed for a PC, it was designed for a tablet. Most people have figured that out and I think that is the reason Microsoft is not seeing the growth in sales in this particular Operating System.

But as far as that goes, Microsoft can only blame itself! Forcing people into an all-in one OS is not a very good way to get off on the right foot. Especially when computer users are used to getting an OS designed just for the computer alone.

In other words.. I think a lot of PC users have rejected win 8 because it was never designed solely for a computer. That does NOT mean you cannot use it on a computer, but that it is clumsy and irritating to use with a mouse and keyboard.

And you think PC people are going to be happy with that? I don't think so. Maybe a handful but most will not.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Nov 2012 @ 1:17

1217.11.2012 02:17

It's not the o.s that is turning people away and over to apple there getting tired of the malware and spyware with windows and because of that more and more people are going to apple

1317.11.2012 03:17

windows 8 is very stable from the start! Very smooth I just think they should give you an option with the start bar. other then that works very stable and fast!

1417.11.2012 03:38

Has anyone been watching Arrow? I had to laugh with all the sudden microcruft product placements, the microcruft monitors with the windows logo on the back which were painted in the most stark white to stand out.. forget subtle try a hammer. Anyway theres an episode where a girl pulls out a windows 8 laptop and you get to see the interface formally known as metro, so what does she do use it? nahhh she drops to desktop only mode to get some work done. I fell backwards laughing as even in make belive tv land no one can find a good use for windows 8's largely un wanted fondle stab alterego interface. Nice placement not...

Whats next fondle stab skate boards, oh wait.. lol they already did that.

1517.11.2012 09:51

1) SoTired was pointing out flaws in how the article used the *actual* survey data.

2) If you're going to debate, argue against what the other person actually says, not what you felt they meant.

Let me point out that I *DO NOT* like WIndows 8 (at all). In fact, SoTired and I have mixed it up on AD about exactly that. But he IS right about this article; it draws some very shaky conclusions about Windows 8 adoption from the survey's data, and he points out exactly how this is so.

Furthermore, in no way is SoTired "defending" WIn8 in his post. Little hint, fanbois and fangrrls: Noticing and pointing out the obvious flaws in an argument DOES NOT necessarily imply support for the opposing argument; it supports logic. If you actually go back and read SoTired's post, you'll notice he says little to nothing about Win8 itself; he entirely addresses the glaring problems with the above article.

People are going to have to learn that manipulating data to your ends proves nothing, it's that simple.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 17 Nov 2012 @ 9:54

1617.11.2012 16:29

Originally posted by Bozobub:

People are going to have to learn that manipulating data to your ends proves nothing, it's that simple.
Well said Bozobub.

I like my sadistics teacher use to say...

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."
"Statistics never lie, but liars use statistics."
"99% of statistics are completely useless. Including these"

1717.11.2012 19:49

MS usually doesn't release granular sales figures...just total copies "sold" (which, of course, includes all new PCs sold w/ it pre-installed, regardless of whether customers were specifically wanting it).

1817.11.2012 21:20

You sound like an Apple troll. Windows 8 sucks, but people will upgrade to it, at least when they upgrade their current PCs. Very few will build their own with Windows 7 or downgrade...and few are going to buy a $2000 macbook when a $250 Acer can do all the same stuff and more.

1918.11.2012 09:50

Originally posted by Semperfipal:
I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 a month ago. I can download Windows 8 for I think the minus side of $15 by January 31st. I'll probably do it, but not do the upgrade for a while. Windows 7 seems to be working just fine for me right now, and I'm not one to be the first to jump on the latest and greatest gizmo if you know what I mean.
yea , me too, bought windows 8 and installed it on a spare hard drive to my desktop , not sure about it ....yet
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Nov 2012 @ 9:51

2018.11.2012 14:14

The real issue with Windows 8 is that it doesn't really offer anything. You can argue until you are blue in the face that Windows 8 can be modified to work as well as Windows 7...but what does it actually offer? Would you buy a new car simply because $10,000 worth of modifications could make it as good as your old car?

As far as I can tell, the only reason that I'll be upgrading to windows 8 is that M$ has implied they will cut off support for DirectX in Windows 7...and hopefully either they will backtrack on that or someone will start hacking the new DirectX distros to work with Windows 7.

2118.11.2012 17:32

Originally posted by KillerBug:
The real issue with Windows 8 is that it doesn't really offer anything. You can argue until you are blue in the face that Windows 8 can be modified to work as well as Windows 7...but what does it actually offer? Would you buy a new car simply because $10,000 worth of modifications could make it as good as your old car?

As far as I can tell, the only reason that I'll be upgrading to windows 8 is that M$ has implied they will cut off support for DirectX in Windows 7...and hopefully either they will backtrack on that or someone will start hacking the new DirectX distros to work with Windows 7.
I think win 8 offers a few things. First, a new interface that i would argue is suited better for mobile and touch devices, but a complete and utter pain to use without touch. Second, a view into the future of a touch oriented operating system. Third, just knowing microsoft there are probably enhancements for security. That said, as i think you'd agree, there isn't much else it has to offer other then feed more money into M$'s pocket.

And that said, it seems to me people would prefer to stick with the old tried and true design and style of the older versions of windows, but M$ is convinced they know what people want. Just seems to me they are trying to sell/push a touch OS when people don't want one.

At the end of the day, i ask myself, does win 8, or will win 8 make my day to day job easier or harder? I would say going from XP to win 7, many things were made harder to get done, a few things easier, and win 8 made a whole hell of a lot of stuff harder, and nearly nothing easier.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Nov 2012 @ 9:51

2218.11.2012 17:35

maybe win9 will be easier if ms learns from their mistakes with win8 like they did with vista which resulted win7.

2319.11.2012 13:17

Originally posted by ddp:
maybe win9 will be easier if ms learns from their mistakes with win8 like they did with vista which resulted win7.
Yeah following the long standing M$ pattern Win9 will be good but bet yer bottom dollar Win 10 is gonna SUCK!

2420.11.2012 15:45

I like the idea that the OS was designed to run on a tablet only so far as tablets have limited CPU/Memory and it should force it to run a lot leaner. I'd like to hear people's real world experience regarding this. If it runs faster/more efficiently than Win7, I'd have no qualms running it.

...of course I'd have to immediately disable the-interface-formerly known-as-Metro and download a third party start menu...

...and no way I would ever buy a Mac unless games developers got their heads out of their rears regarding using platform dependent SDKs like DirectX and Apple went out of their way to get popular games running on Macs at launch. I see neither of these scenarios happening.

2520.11.2012 16:22

Originally posted by IguanaC64:
I like the idea that the OS was designed to run on a tablet only so far as tablets have limited CPU/Memory and it should force it to run a lot leaner. I'd like to hear people's real world experience regarding this. If it runs faster/more efficiently than Win7, I'd have no qualms running it.

...of course I'd have to immediately disable the-interface-formerly known-as-Metro and download a third party start menu...

...and no way I would ever buy a Mac unless games developers got their heads out of their rears regarding using platform dependent SDKs like DirectX and Apple went out of their way to get popular games running on Macs at launch. I see neither of these scenarios happening.
I used it and deleated it. Of course I had to use an image I saved as Win 8 does not go back to Win 7. I found it to be a dog. You can't adjust anything so I was unable to shut off the Tranparency that I also hated. So to me it was ugly and very slow. A total waste.

2623.11.2012 09:20

Holy Distortion, Batman!

I agree.
AfterDawn is little more than an online tabloid.
It's the Fox News of the digital world.

2723.11.2012 09:46

I can get it for free, but i still like my window 7. i affraid that the 8 can not compatible with the software i used to develop my alarm mobil site

2823.11.2012 09:53

Originally posted by KSib:
I bought it, but only because it was cheap now. I couldn't tell anyone I know to switch to it because they would have 500 questions and I wouldn't be around to help.

Most people don't sit around to try and figure out how something works, they just want it to work for them easily.
That is one way of looking at things. My way of thinking is I have a very busy life. I do not have time to figure out how to get my OS to work when I have one that works fine and I know how to use it. I don't like being an unpaid M$ tester trying to debug an OS not ready for prime time. I doubt that this OS will ever be prime time just as Vista was never prime time.

I also only buy books written in English. I guess if I really liked a challage I should buy books written in Chinese. Do you do that? That would really be a challange.

2923.11.2012 09:56

At first I thought I was going to hate Windows 8. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it rocks. I have it on my desktop and laptop. Am logging in w/Google acct. So I boot up my laptop and there's all my favorites and stuff from my desktop. Very cool. That alone is worth the upgrade IMO. Check the stock market. Hit a windows key, hit a tile and a wealth of info is there. I'm using a 3rd party start button but am going to try to eventually wean away from it. I may even get a Surfact tab. I'm a huge android freak but to have everything synced is pretty cool. I just like the tiles. As for the speed, I have noticed absolutely no difference and I'm running an i7 w/16GB.

What I want to know is who the heck are the 8% still using Vista???

3023.11.2012 10:18

Originally posted by breno1:
windows 8 is very stable from the start! Very smooth I just think they should give you an option with the start bar. other then that works very stable and fast!
Thanks for some solid pro Win 8 news. Personally I have grown very weary of M$ antics. They are now getting the Apple view that there products are their property not the customer's. I also do not like change just for the sake of change with no real improvement. I do not shop in stores that rearrange their products every year. I don't like that they often put into the market products that are bug ridden.

I assumed it would be buggy but I will believe you. I remember something about win 8 not allowing you to install or run certain games because of the rating. I do not intend to play those games but I so disappove of this action I wouldn't buy the software if it was wonderful.

3123.11.2012 13:03

Originally posted by ChiefBrdy:
At first I thought I was going to hate Windows 8. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and it rocks. I have it on my desktop and laptop. Am logging in w/Google acct. So I boot up my laptop and there's all my favorites and stuff from my desktop. Very cool. That alone is worth the upgrade IMO. Check the stock market. Hit a windows key, hit a tile and a wealth of info is there. I'm using a 3rd party start button but am going to try to eventually wean away from it. I may even get a Surfact tab. I'm a huge android freak but to have everything synced is pretty cool. I just like the tiles. As for the speed, I have noticed absolutely no difference and I'm running an i7 w/16GB.

What I want to know is who the heck are the 8% still using Vista???

I'm still using Vista on several computers with no problems. Ive got Win 7 on my new laptop and I almost think I would prefer it to have Vista. works fine for me.

3224.11.2012 03:43

Holy Distortion, Batman!

Because he is. Only a MS Shill would defend Windows 8.

3324.11.2012 03:45

Hey, guess what? Win7 is stable and fast too. Plus, it was actually designed to be used on a desktop or laptop!

3424.11.2012 08:45

Originally posted by bdaleypsu:
Hey, guess what? Win7 is stable and fast too. Plus, it was actually designed to be used on a desktop or laptop!
As a bonus, it works really well a touchscreen too...as long as you have a stylus anyway. Windows 8 might be better if you lose your stylus and you have really fat fingers, but Windows 7 is actually really functional with a touchscreen.

As far as I can tell based on everything I've seen, the only thing Windows 8 brings other than a new interface that is not as good and some compatibility issues is the Pro/RT split that confuses the h**l out of consumers and lets manufacturers screw over customers by selling glorified Android tablets to people who want Windows 7 capabilities (and won't get them).

3524.11.2012 15:41

As a bonus, it works really well a touchscreen too...as long as you have a stylus anyway. Windows 8 might be better if you lose your stylus and you have really fat fingers, but Windows 7 is actually really functional with a touchscreen.

As far as I can tell based on everything I've seen, the only thing Windows 8 brings other than a new interface that is not as good and some compatibility issues is the Pro/RT split that confuses the h**l out of consumers and lets manufacturers screw over customers by selling glorified Android tablets to people who want Windows 7 capabilities (and won't get them).

Nailed it.

3624.11.2012 16:24

Windows 8 Takes more Power out of Power User, comes with a limited UI (already modded for that classic look by the community), Takes away control from the end user, does funny shit with my files without my permision. the real deal graber is it runs absolutely no better than windows 7 even worse if your using Ripoff ext3 File System. you know its open source MS why dont you just call it what it really is.

3725.11.2012 16:55

I got Windows 8 for $40 and the best way is to load it on another internal hard drive with Windows 7 already installed using Paragon Backup and restore (Free). This way you keep your existing Windows 7.
I do not like the High Colors in windows 8 and realize that business will not spend money on having to retrain staff and upgrading software for Windows 8.It should have been called Windows Tablet. To leave the Start Menu out when it it is so useful is beyond belief. One reason why business will not use it. Most people now realize Microsoft are just as confused as the rest of us!

3825.11.2012 17:28

Originally posted by burling:

I got Windows 8 for $40 and the best way is to load it on another internal hard drive with Windows 7 already installed using Paragon Backup and restore (Free). This way you keep your existing Windows 7.
I do not like the High Colors in windows 8 and realize that business will not spend money on having to retrain staff and upgrading software for Windows 8.It should have been called Windows Tablet. To leave the Start Menu out when it it is so useful is beyond belief. One reason why business will not use it. Most people now realize Microsoft are just as confused as the rest of us!
I think heads are gonna roll at MS.

How hard would it be to have two versions? touchscreen version with metro/modern interface and non-touchscreen with "traditional" desktop/start menu interface. They could either sell them as separate versions, or let you choose on install.

Apple doesn't expect you to use the same interface on a desktop and an iPad

3926.11.2012 17:04

I always read reviews from well versed pc web sites (like ZDNET) regarding anything PC etc. They had nothing much good a all to say about Win 8. and suggested by passing it if I remember correctly. I still use Win XP Pro. It does everything I want it for. I see an alarming trend to just make money as fast as they can by creating a new OS practically every year (when they as a matter of course, leave it to their new buyers to act as the guinea pigs and thus the flash flood of Service Packs begins to fix what they should have taken the time to fix when they were creating the OS to begin with). That's the thing that bothers me the most. Being used as a test subject for a product I BOUGHT with hard earned money. If they took the time and effort (like they did with XP Pro) I'm sure they could produce another rock solid OS like XP Pro. But as the saying goes,,,,anything for a quick BUCK.

4026.11.2012 20:27

but smg, xp has 3 service packs to vista's 2 & win7 1. xp had issues til the service packs came out.

4127.11.2012 07:08

My experience is that XP was very good, especially after SP1 & 2.
Vista (which came on a laptop I bought) was also very good after SP1.
Win 7 is proving to be at least as good as them.

I expect Win 7 to end up like XP, it's been very popular and has sold very well.
I don't know anyone with it planning to upgrade from 7 to 8 - besides getting it with a new PC or laptop (or Surface tablet) why would you?
The touchscreen stuff might come in handy with a new touchscreen monitor but I'm far from convinced I - or many of us - want one of them.

I do know at least one person who bought a PC last week for work use was scouring the local area retailers for a new Win 7 PC (for homeworking) because thanks to the softwares they use her work can't currently let their staff use Win 8.

My bet is it'll be like XP & Win 7 & all over again.

So if Win 8 is the new Vista let us know when Win 9 shows up.....?

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Nov 2012 @ 7:10

4228.11.2012 01:01

I have Windows 7 but I will not upgrade to Windows 8 even if it was given to me for free. I might be silly but I do not like the look of Windows 8, it looks cheap and tacky.

4328.11.2012 07:44

If i was purchasing a new fondle slab i might have considered windows 8 where the interface formally known as metro makes some sense, but 8 RT doesnt really give me anything i cant do with droid shrugs (plus i have a choice of builds), desktop wise i would rather stick with 7 or kubuntu, which depending on what i need to do, get the job done without fuss and work the way i want them to.

4430.11.2012 13:24

I upgraded to Windows 8 on my laptop which just over a year old, but it powerful enough.

I ran Linux for more than 10 years as my primary OS of choice.

I moved to Windows 8 to get multimedia (multimonitor, LCD tv connected with hdmi, blueray movie player -- which Linux cannot (multimonitor can be done in Linux but is not easy)

The trouble with Windows 8 is that to get the real benefits it offers requires knowledge (example updating all drivers and easily backing them up)

Windows 8 is an enhanced and polished OS not a beta put out for the public to test. It is rock solid stable.

If you hate Microsoft then I am by no means suggesting you cease and desist. But don't confuse your emotional position with a technical assessment.

..... and I am quite happy running Linux inside of Windows 8 now

452.12.2012 00:32
josefene
Inactive

Originally posted by megadunderhead:
It's not the o.s that is turning people away and over to apple there getting tired of the malware and spyware with windows and because of that more and more people are going to apple
Aint that the truth,no privacy at all.

462.12.2012 05:44

Originally posted by albertfx:

If you hate Microsoft then I am by no means suggesting you cease and desist. But don't confuse your emotional position with a technical assessment.

..... and I am quite happy running Linux inside of Windows 8 now
Where did anyone question its stability? its the stupid jackle and hide interface thats turning people off.

Plus dual head on linux is not so hard on most hardware nvidia has a nice gui tool, so does ati, as long as you can get clone mode working you can use xrandr for dual head working on most other cards from what i can remember.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Dec 2012 @ 6:11

472.12.2012 06:19

The 15 Most Overpriced Gadgets of All Time

By by Avram Piltch, LAPTOP Online Editorial Director | LiveScience.com – Fri, Nov 30, 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/15-most-overprice...-201750884.html

482.12.2012 06:28

Originally posted by robertmro:
Holy Distortion, Batman!

I agree.
I wouldn't go so far as to call AD like fox, them and it's people's who resemble the Rush Limbaugh fanatics do not come close anywhere here at AD, besides this article writes about other peoples surveys and opinions not theirs.

492.12.2012 10:52

Originally posted by robertmro:
I agree.
Hi Robert, did you write this from your iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad Mini, iPad, Macbook or iMac?

502.12.2012 12:08

ouch!!!!

513.12.2012 05:59
josefene
Inactive

Originally posted by Bozobub:

Nailed it.
Nothing wrong with the glorified Android mate, it is the best would not mind it as a desktop O/S and more. You never know one day I might get my wish.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
7 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive