1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootcamp XP question?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by earlynovfan, Nov 18, 2012.

1. earlynovfan

earlynovfan Member

So, my friend is going to install XP with bootcamp. Only problem is, his macbook air doesn't have a disc drive. So can we copy the files from the disc and put them onto a flashdrive?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes, you can install Windows from a USB drive as long as it is big enough. Google it; you'll find plenty of information.

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

how big is the storage on the macbook air before you start

the reason i ask is simple if you only have 64 gig's of storage on the macbook air there will not be enough space to run windows xp you need 15 gig's plus a additional 5 gig's for updates

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

megadunderhead, don't need that much room for xp as have installed xp pro with service packs, updates, cleaner & anti-spyware\virus programs plus ms office on 20gig hd & still had at least 8 gigs free.

earlynovfan, i presume the airbook has standard usb ports & if so then can use external cd\dvd drive.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. earlynovfan

earlynovfan Member

Yeah, he also has an external hard drive. But he hasn't bought an external disc drive yet.