AfterDawn: Tech news

DROID DNA now available through Verizon

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 21 Nov 2012 10:32 User comments (7)

DROID DNA now available through Verizon HTC's new DROID DNA flagship is now available via Verizon Wireless.
The biggest selling point of the phone is its 1920x1080 resolution Super LCD 3 display with 440 ppi, easily the highest pixel density available on a smartphone. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 2.

HTC has packed the phone with a quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro at 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM and a "high-end GPU."

Additionally, the phone runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 4 on top. The hardware includes dual cameras, 2.1/8MP and camera features like HTC ImageSense and the HTC ImageChip. The front-side camera is "f/2.0, 88-degree, ultra-wide angle that allows more to be captured in self-portraits, and up to four people for group shots." NFC and LTE support are built-in. As with all HTC devices, Beats Audio is built in, promising better bass, midrange and highs.

Finally, the phone has a "2.55-volt, built-in headset amplifier and dedicated amp for the external rear-speaker" and a 2020mAh battery.

The phone is available for $200 with two-year contract.

Previous Next  

7 user comments

122.11.2012 11:58

I love HTC when it comes to build and quality and all, but damn, WHY, WHY strip the phone of a microSD slot and a removable battery?! They went backwards not forwards on this phone. It's a wonder why their company is in trouble financially these days. If it isn't broken, don't fix it dammit!!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Nov 2012 @ 11:59

222.11.2012 21:42

Yup...no microSD, no removable battery, and it comes with Sense...seems like nothing more than a waste of some nice chips and a good screen.

323.11.2012 15:00

Originally posted by KillerBug:
Yup...no microSD, no removable battery, and it comes with Sense...seems like nothing more than a waste of some nice chips and a good screen.
So uninstall Sense and replace it with a different launcher.

423.11.2012 19:50

Still love my EVO 4g...hands down one of the top smart phones from the last several years

524.11.2012 06:54

Originally posted by blueboy09:
I love HTC when it comes to build and quality and all, but damn, WHY, WHY strip the phone of a microSD slot and a removable battery?! They went backwards not forwards on this phone. It's a wonder why their company is in trouble financially these days. If it isn't broken, don't fix it dammit!!
I feel the same way. Missing external storage and
removable battery is a deal breaker. I have 50gb of mp4's
on my 64gb card now. When I'm out, I carry 3 spare batteries
for my Rezound, using a phone as a small tablet uses a lot of
power, its reasonable to need to switch batteries. its a shame,
as I love HTC's hardware.

I wonder how one does a battery pull reboot with a fixed battery?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 24 Nov 2012 @ 6:56

624.11.2012 08:36

Originally posted by IndigoAK:
Originally posted by KillerBug:
So uninstall Sense and replace it with a different launcher.
Void the warranty on a phone that I can't change the battery in?

74.12.2012 15:23
Uriahr
Unverified new user

I preferred the Droid DNA over the Galaxy Note II since it was cheaper and has a lot to offer. My favorite thing about the DNA is the huge 1080p display. It is perfect for watching my shows in HD. I use the DISH Remote Access app on my phone which lets me stream live TV through the Sling Adapter that I have connected to my receiver at home. It’s a really useful app that I use to catch my shows when I’m not at home since it works wherever I go. One of my DISH coworkers also has a Droid DNA, and we both think there is no other phone that can do it as good as this one.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive