1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My computer is restarting randomly. I have no idea what's causing it.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by GoWings19, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GoWings19

GoWings19 Member

My pagefile is 3326 MB. So, that seems right.

I just got a new mouse (Logitech G600). I installed the software for it & tried to run the program, but my computer shut down. I tried again & the same thing happened. I went to Blue Screen View & it had nothing there. I'm back to square one. This is a bummer.

2. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

Faulty USB controller?

if your mainboard has two controllers, like mine try turning one of them off an using the other.

borhan9 likes this.
  3. GoWings19

GoWings19 Member

It's resetting & I can't seem to get BlueScreenView to find any reports. This is the pits.

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

5. PraisesToAllah

PraisesToAllah Member

You can always try to reinstall your OS? If it is a hardware problem, then you might as exchange old parts for new ones and see if that solves your problem. For example: swap your power supply for another one. See if that solves the problem. If not, replace something else. That way you know what isn't the problem.

Other than that, I can only think of faulty voltage spikes or over heating issues. However you've excluded them. I had my laptop restart randomly before. I did a voltage drain by removing the charger and battery and holding down the power button for 1 minute. I found out static charge was causing my laptop to restart on its own. The problem never came back.

Best of luck.

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

My mothers computer is currently experiencing these symptoms from time to time.
    I am going to see which USB Controller is faulty from device manager and disable that.

I read this entire thread and the issue with my mum's computer is that it randomly re-starts and when i read this comment about the usb it triggered for me that one of her USB ports does not work so I may need to disable it from device manager.

Thanks DXR88