1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amiko Alien 2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Mooley, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Hi all, I got an Amiko Alien 2 with triple tuner and I have an nline can anyone tell me where to put said line in Oscam which comes with E2 software or in MGCam which I have installed on box through the menu on it?? Any help much appreciated.

2. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Not to sure what you are looking for Mooley but I have mine set up and I used this guide.

CREATED FOR Amiko Alien 2
    HOW TO ADD CCCAM/NEWCAMD CLIENT SUPPORT (AND MORE) AND SETUP VIA EASY ON-SCREEN MENU USING THE REMOTE CONTROL USING SPARK FIRMWARE ON THE AMIKO ALIEN 2

1) Download latest Amiko Alien 2 Plugin Pack file from the www.satstation.co.uk forum and save this file to your computer.
    2) Insert a USB stick into your computer, open the Plugin Pack file you just downloaded and extract the complete plugin directory from the .zip or .rar file to the root of the USB stick (which must have been pre-formatted to FAT 32).
    3) Now remove the USB stick from your computer and with your Amiko Alien 2 receiver powered on and connected to your TV insert the USB stick into a USB port on Amiko Alien 2 receiver (either front or rear USB port will work).
    4) Within a few seconds the Amiko Alien 2 receiver will read the USB stick and then automatically prompt you on screen saying ‘Confirm Do you want to upgrade plug in?’ – Select YES using the remote control arrow keys and then press OK on the remote control.
    This will now display the ‘Upgrade from USB’ menu and the update will start automatically which will only take a few seconds and once complete will automatically reboot your receiver. At the point of reboot you can now remove the USB stick from the Amiko Alien 2 (if you don’t then the receiver will keep prompting to update after each reboot).
    5) When your Amiko Alien 2 receiver has finished booting back up you should now be back to the usual Spark firmware but there will now be a whole host of extra plugins that have been installed which can all be found by selecting MENU > Plug in using the remote control.
    We are interested in setting up a client connection to CCcam / Newcamd in this guide so continue to the next step you should go to MENU > Plug in > oscam4spark_tools.s and while this is highlighted press the OK button (you should see the red square on the right hand side turn to a green triangle along with on-screen prompts telling you this plugin has started).
    6) Now in the same menu with oscam4spark_tools.s still highlighted press the RED button on the remote control (Start OSD) which will launch the Oscam4spark interface on screen.
    7) Scroll over to config using the arrow buttons on the remote control and press OK and you should now be presented with a menu where you can add almost as many server connections as required! There will be a single one by default which is highlighted with the yellow box and labelled as 1. With this highlighted from the GREEN button on the remote control (Edit).
    8) You are now ready to enter your client connection details. The best thing to do here is set the connection type protocol first. This plugin is actually capable of support for many different types of protocols, much more than many other receivers, the common two tend to be CCcam and Newcamd, but whichever type you need scroll down to the ‘Protocol’ section and press OK on the remote control and you can now scroll a whole list of different support protocols, just highlight the one you want and press OK.
    7) You should now set all the other sections using the remote control and of course entering your valid connection details. You will need to set Server Name, Service Port, User Name, Password, and Key (only if your protocol requires this).
    If you are unsure of what goes where in this part of the setup then we have included some basic guide information at the end of this how to guide to aid you with this.
    Entering the information with the remote control and using the on-screen keyboard (which you will see when you enter the sections that require this) should be self explanatory so we will not cover this here in any great depth in this guide, note that the RED, GREEN, YELLOW AND BLUE buttons on the remote can be handy short cut buttons for various functions when using the on screen keyboard.
    8) Once complete now scroll down to ‘Active Server’ and make sure the green dot is showing as green, if not press the OK button on the remote control and it should now turn green.
    9) Finally you are now ready to save all the details you have just entered. Simply press the RED button on the remote control (Save and restart) and the data should all be saved and you will be returned to the previous menu.
    At this point you are now finished, providing all your details were entered correctly and saved you will not be connected as a client to your specified server.
    IT’S A GOOD IDEA TO REBOOT THE AMIKO ALIEN 2 TO ENSURE ALL THE CHANGES ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
    There is actually far more can be done with this specific plugin than has been covered here including full setup of OScam (which is basically what you are running here via very nice on-screen interface to setup). There is the familiar OScam web interface available and of course setup manually via FTP, so you can make it as easy or as complicated as you like!
    This guide is intended to cover the very basic and very easy client setup using the on-screen menu and remote control, it doesn’t get much easier than this but for those of you that want to explore more technical setups then feel free to explore the many more options this receiver and plugin offers to you!
    Example on basic conversion of client connection details:
    CCcam
    C: example.server.com 12000 username password
    Converts to for the on-screen menu setup:
    Server Name: example.server.com
    Service Port: 12000
    User Name: username
    Password: password
    Key: (leave this blank – not required for CCcam)
    Newcamd
    N: example.server.com 12000 username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    Converts to for the on-screen menu setup:
    Server Name: example.server.com
    Service Port: 12000
    User Name: username
    Password: password
    Key: 0102030405060708091011121314
    Guide created for the SatStation.co.uk Forum, September 2012

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  3. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Excellent cheers mate just what I'm looking for I'll have a read now!

4. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Cheers for that mate. Just to let others know, I didn't have a Kingston pen drive and I didn't fancy wiping my 1TB drive to set it up so... The Oscam that is installed by default on the box doesn't work so had to install the newer Oscam in plugins on the box then convert my Nline with CCCam2Oscam converter and then from the resulting file I had to go to var/Keys folder on the box through DCC E2 and paste the line on number 3 line in the file oscam.server. After that I rebooted and I had to rescan satellite and start Oscam and hey presto. Again thanks for the tutorial though mate.

P.S. Just to add, highly impressed by this box. Picture quality, addons, remote etc. all top drawer!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  5. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

No problem Mooley, I have described this box as a better box than the vu duo, would you agree?

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

strange, i know that with the latest enigma2 base system the oscam config files go in /var/tuxbox/config and not in /var/keys which would mean that this operating system is years behind current software development. that would be a huge worry for me and the future of this box. having said that the price is very good

7. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

@dub12dave Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of using the vu duo. Only had a day or so to play around and set up the Alien 2 so again I haven't really had much opportunity to delve very deep as I had to head back to UK but what I have seen is very impressive so far. Will have a lot longer to check it out at Christmas.
    @fintannl Hopefully the updates will continue to be released for the box and only get better. Suppose time will tell as with all these boxes.

8. jken

jken Member

hi dubdave would you have the alien2 plugin pack file or a link to it please any help much appreciated

9. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

PM sent jken, the only reason for the PM is that I have given you a link to another site as I didn't want to post it on the forum.

10. jken

jken Member

tks much appreciated dave

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

did a bit of research into the amiko as it is a good price dual tuner solution. findings are this. the amiko is built on a very old sti chipset as compared to many of the recent enigma2 boxes which are all built on the broadcom chipset.

the implications are as follows. one there will never be a steady development of images for such a chipset but it will, with sizeable effort, be possible to patch an enigma2 platform to work on the amiko. the next issue is the workings of a cam be it cccam, mgcam, oscam or whatever. this will be a constant pain as even the plugin has to be adapted to the system.

so my pennies worth is that it would never be useful as a server box and i have reservations about it as a client as any cam changes required will require a special port to this box rather than the simple install on the vast amount of enigma2 based boxes

12. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Member

Just a quick note, you are talking nonsense the sh4 architecture is very adaptable the sizeable effort to "patch a platform?" took me 30 mins with a hdmu image and a sizeable 60 mins with the latest oozoon lean as for the workings of a softcam why would you want cccam with a twin tuner like this or mgcam newcamd vizcam whatever i built an oscam for it in 20 mins.That was in november.So I would not give you the penny for your nonsense

13. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

I have an Amiko Alien 2 running Enigma image from 19-05-2012. Useless for recording, pausing live tv etc. and crashes quite regularly and I have a feeling it is the image causing the problems. Which image should I use mate?? Might you have link cheers man?

Should also mention I had to get a Kingston 64GB drive for it as nothing else was recognised by the box.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  14. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Mooley check out satstation.co.uk there have been some great improvements in the box in the last couple of weeks/months, there are many images that you can record a $ channel while watching a $ channel, they also have all the plugins rte player etc, check out that site you wont be disappointed.

15. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Cheers mate I've been over there a few times and there is a spark update and a enigma update. I thought they came as a bundle but suppose I will try both when I get back in 2 weeks. Thanks again.

16. kafagan55

kafagan55 Member

I followed the instructions as provided above on spark firmware with plugins. I have a cline from a server which I know is working as I also have a spiderbox 9000 hd it works fine on it. have tried several times to get it working on the amiko 2 box with no success ready to tear my hair out.any idea where im going wrong any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    regards
    kevin fagan

17. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Have you upgraded/updated your Oscam version mate? I had to as the version that was installed on it wouldn't work for me, had to update it to a newer version before it would connect.

18. kafagan55

kafagan55 Member

thanks for the reply mooley what version did you use? any idea where I can find it
    regards
    kevin fagan

19. kafagan55

kafagan55 Member

found the plugins downloaded them hey presto it worked thanks MOOLEY you saved whatever bit of hair I had left
    REGARDS
    kevin fagan

20. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

Sorry, my phone died while out. Glad it worked!
    It might be an idea to delete your name from the posts considering the conversation though....

(Just realised I use mate a lot!!!)

Last edited: May 16, 2013