AfterDawn: Tech news

'Gangnam Style' is now the most viewed YouTube video of all-time

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 25 Nov 2012 1:21 User comments (16)

'Gangnam Style' is now the most viewed YouTube video of all-time 'Gangnam Style,' the blockbuster hit by long-time Korean artist Psy, is now the most viewed YouTube video of all-time.
The track has beat out Justin Bieber's "Baby," which had held the spot for years but has since plateaued.

Psy's track has reached 810 million views, beating out Bieber at 804 million. The video is expected to hit over 1 billion in the future as it still seeing 2 million hits per day despite being released in July.

Additionally, the track is the most "liked" video of all-time, with over 5 million likes.

If you have never seen it (don't lie to yourself, you have), here it is:

Previous Next  

16 user comments

125.11.2012 05:54

I'm glad American's are actually enjoying the song and not bitchin' "You don't know what he's saying!!" blah blah.

225.11.2012 08:11

Originally posted by bigdan45:
I'm glad American's are actually enjoying the song and not bitchin' "You don't know what he's saying!!" blah blah.
Americans are laughing at it...but I think that's the point.

325.11.2012 11:58

I listen to a lot of korean music, and got very confused when I saw this songs views go over a couple million. And when I heard it on the radio I was just at a loss for words.

525.11.2012 13:59

I still think he's saying "Gundam Style"

625.11.2012 15:41

wow good on ya!

725.11.2012 18:10

Originally posted by Azuran:
Thats what i'm hearing a well

back on topic
as for the amount of views the article is wrong it's now +1

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 25 Nov 2012 @ 6:11

825.11.2012 18:39

Originally posted by scorpNZ:

back on topic

He's not. It's Gangnam, which is a location in Korea that houses a large 'korean-hipster' population. The song is basically parodying their attire.

925.11.2012 21:39

Originally posted by bigwil450:
It's Gangnam, which is a location in Korea that houses a large 'korean-hipster' population.

The song is basically parodying their attire.
When I saw him interviewed he said he was laughing at middle-class 'gansta' wannabe idiots.

Seems like Korea has it's share of those ludicrous fools too.

1026.11.2012 20:41

Originally posted by bigwil450:
Originally posted by scorpNZ:

back on topic

He's not. It's Gangnam, which is a location in Korea that houses a large 'korean-hipster' population. The song is basically parodying their attire.
Yeah I think we picked up on that...

1129.11.2012 01:53

i like this step oop oop!!!
Now a days most of the people for communication all are choose the option sms,because its cheap and chit chat with Friends and lovers long hours by sending bulk sms at a time.

1230.11.2012 08:59

I can't believe I actually watched the entire ridiculous thing. The only reason I did was because I wanted to see why everyone was watching it. What a joke. I was definitely under-impressed . Doesn't matter if you understand him or not, it's stupid.

1330.11.2012 23:03

Originally posted by raunchynm:
I can't believe I actually watched the entire ridiculous thing. The only reason I did was because I wanted to see why everyone was watching it. What a joke. I was definitely under-impressed . Doesn't matter if you understand him or not, it's stupid.
Yah, but the Ladies are F'ing HAWT!!

141.12.2012 08:23

Originally posted by ChappyTTV:
true enough

151.12.2012 15:30

true enough
Heheh...I knew you wouldn't argue that point ;)
There's something about those tall slim and lovely Korean girls, they definitely make that video infinitely watchable.

161.12.2012 16:18

true enough
Heheh...I knew you wouldn't argue that point ;)
There's something about those tall slim and lovely Korean girls, they definitely make that video infinitely watchable.
can't argue with that LOL

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
7 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive