1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help me choose a graphics card

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Skopin, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Skopin

Skopin Member

Hey everyone,

I am trying to find a new graphics card for my computer. I do not need anything that is ridiculous for gaming, as the only games I really play are Fable and Final Fantasy 7 (using HD mods). This is mostly a Media Center PC: I have a CableCard TV Tuner to watch and record TV, and I also do a lot of video editing and rendering. My main focus is noise; as this is a HTPC, I would prefer a very quiet card (and one that runs cool), and the one I have now is anything but that. I also need something with both DVI and HDMI outputs (although I don't think they make anything without those 2 anymore). Budget-wise, I would like to keep it under $150.

My PC Specs are:

Intel Core i7 2600K
    ASUS P8Z68-VPRO/GEN3 1155 ATX
    Corsair Hydro H80 Liquid CPU Cooler
    8GB DDR3 Ram
    60GB SSD for OS/Programs
    1TB WD HDD and 2TB SeaGate HDD for storage, both 7200RPM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Skopin

Skopin Member

4. john179

john179 Active member

I have just made myself a new pc recently to replace my dual core with a quad core. Alot of the components in the old system i was happy with but decided to sell and start fresh.I was the same not to bothered about gaming graphics so i went for MSI Radeon HD 7750 2048MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card excellent value for the money i spent and although i play console thought i would test pc games on it and it handles very good for the price.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...R3+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=52105

5. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I personally like nVidia more then Radeon, but it's all about what you want really.

I've got the nVidia GeForce 640 with 2GB of dedicated memory, and it runs really well, I got it for $129 I believe. Now it's only $89.99, here's a link to the card:

Video Card

My buddy does a lot of video editing, and we just got him a GeForce 650 Ti with 2GB Memory, and he loves it! But that one will be more expensive then the 640, but it's still a great card!

6. berrymartin

berrymartin Member