1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which R4 card should i get?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by tenrou29, Dec 1, 2012.

1. tenrou29

tenrou29 Member

I'm getting someone a 3DS for christmas and was wondering a few things about the r4 cards.

Are there any that can play 3ds games? Specifically Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

What is the best card for playing DS and DSI games?

Thank for any answers you can give me!

This is the one I'm currently looking at

http://www.r43ds.org/products/R4i-Gold-3DS-Flash-Card.html

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this link...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

No flash cart can play 3ds rom's sorry only ds rom's only

3. Alex1013

Alex1013 Member

Yes, no cards can support 3ds games. If you are wondering about choosing a card to play DS games, r4igold 3ds from r4ids.cn can be your choice, it works on the wood firmware, which has great features.BTW, another cheaper one:ace3ds plus, it has new package with blue color, you can buy it as a christmas gift.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. tenrou29

tenrou29 Member

So no card can play 3ds games...well that's a bummer. As for DSi it looks like the R4i gold plus can play them but can anybody confirm that?

http://www.r4igold.net/r4i-gold-plus.html

She's a huge pokemon fan so I want a card that can play the latest pokemon games like Black 2 and White 2.

Would the above mentioned card work for that?

EDIT: I have found several sites selling them and I know that there are fakes out there. So do these sites look legit?

http://www.r4shops.com/r4i-gold-plus-for-nintendo-3ds-dsi-deluxe-edition.html

http://www.r4wood.com/products/R4i-GOLD-PLUS-Card-Writer-Compact-Stand.html

http://r4town.com/products/R4i-Gold-Plus-card-luxury-pack-for-Ninetendo-3DS-V2.1.0.html

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  5. Patrizio.O

Patrizio.O Member

there is no way to run 3ds roms as 3ds has not been hacked yet...currently no flashcard supports 3ds games....the best ds/dsi flash card at the moment are r4i gold, r4sdhc silver and supercard dstwo

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  6. Amy11

Amy11 Member

R4i gold 3ds from www.depot4u.com is your best choice.

Why Gaming Lovers Prefer R4i Gold 3ds Card

APR
    R4i Gold 3DS is one of the popular DSi cards that most of the gaming lovers consider for their devices.A number of gaming consoles are available in the market that users can consider to enjoy their good time. To maintain their platforms properly, it is necessary to install appropriate r4 card.

The first and foremost feature of the card is that it is compatible with various consoles including DS, DSi, DS Lite, 3DS and DSi XL. So, you have more options to choose from. Before selecting r4 card, ensure that you go through complete details about it and match its requirements with your device.

R4i gold 3ds card is also available in lots of online and offline stores. From such large collections, you can simply review a few of them. Remember to buy the exact size of r4 card so that you can meet your needs. Such r4 cards are usually available in 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16 GB. If you want to install more games on r4 card, it is obvious that you require more size. The number of choices for devices has also made R4i Gold 3DS card famous among users.

Being a gaming lover, you can install a lot of games on your device with the help of a r4 card. The best part about compatible cards is that you can easily install it on your handy devices. Whether you are at home or outside, you can play your favorite games as per your wish. Even you can upload latest games whenever they launch for users.

With the help of a suitable r4 card, you can give new heights to your gaming passion. The build-in NAND memory is also a useful feature of the card that cuts the loading time. R4 card also has their own memory to perform its functionality. If you install a quality card on your device, it will save your valuable time on processing games as well as songs, movies and other stuff.The price of R4i gold 3DS is also affordable than other r4 card. People can easily buy the card without hampering their financial plans. This is also one of the main reasons due to which it has gain the popularity among gaming lovers.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  7. Amy11

Amy11 Member

r4i gold 3ds wholesale online shop: www.depot4u.com

8. Torres008

Torres008 Member

9. love3ds

love3ds Member

Check out r43-ds.com. They have a few different r4 cards (ds, 3ds, gold (not sure what the gold one

is :p)). I can't tell you if these are authentic ones, but I did order an EZ Flash IV from them and it works perfectly

fine.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  10. lovegame

lovegame Member

Which Is The Best R4 Card And Where To Buy? You can find this is a very hot topic and many users shared their own opinion openly in forum.

Some users recommend r4i gold rts 3ds, they thought r4i gold 3ds uses famous wood firmware with a quicker updating, and currently, r4i gold 3ds is considered to be one of the most famous r4i 3ds card in the market. While other users recommend r4i sdhc rts 3ds,they said, r4isdhc 3ds rts is the newest card from r4i-sdhc.com, besides, r4i-sdhc team is an old brand and trustworthy and so on.

After all, different people have different views. However, the most popular r4i 3ds card is r4i gold rts 3ds and r4i sdhc 3ds. In fact, there is mini difference between these two cards.

And if you want to know which is the best r4 3ds card? Then I recommend r4i gold rts 3ds. Because it uses famous wood firmware, with a quicker firmware updating. And the most important is that r4i gold rts 3ds is always the first one to fight back about the nintendo firmware updating, and with a good technology supporting. What's more? R4i gold 3ds added rts function as well. By the way, R4i sdhc 3ds rts card is also an amazing card as well, it supports rts, rtg function too. It’s the best r4i sdhc card.

Where to buy?

You can buy R4i gold RTS 3DS Card here: buy R4i gold RTS 3DS

One of the buyer said that he received his r4i gold rts 3ds card in 3 or 4 days from this website. And the R4i card works great on 3DS 6.1.0 console. After setting the card up and putting it in his new 3DS XL Ver 6.1.0 console, it worked like a charm. He think he was incredibly lucky, because the new r4i gold rts card can be used on new 3DS without any upgrade patch, finally he figure out that r4i-3ds.com team has preloaded the R4i gold rts 3ds card with the latest firmware to work with 3DS out of the box, that’s amazing!

This site has proven to be a very reliable 3ds/dsi flashcart reseller from your own experience, so it should be highly recommend: fast delivery, free post, quick response, great customer service.

11. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

I would suggest getting a card (if you haven't already) that works with the newest 6.1.0 updates for the 3DS and 3DS XL. I know the R4 3DS Dual Core card works, as well as the R4 3DS Rts silver card as well. Both out of the box, despite other cards that actually had to redo their hardware (and in turn, you had to buy a new card, as a simple update of the firmware would not do) I got mine from r43ds.org and when I got it, it just worked. Mind you, that was with an older firmware version, but I was able to update it no problem with the new firmware that came out. The key is to get the 2013 version of those cards, as that's the card that came out late last year, and seems to have no problem with the updates at all.

I think now even the red r4i 3ds and gold (if it's the NEWEST version work as well. You can see their r4 3ds selection and pick the one you think you'd like the most. I always look to see which cards get the fastest updates to their firmware (or did anyway, when I bought mine) and the dual core was the one that seemed to be updated the fastest. DSTwo is good as well, but about double the price really, and since I like my homebrew, etc.. I read it didn't support homebrew the same way these r4's did.

12. lovegame

lovegame Member

Yes, there is only one flashcard can play 3ds games, it's gateway 3ds. Gateway 3ds flashcard is the first and the only flash card for 3DS now. You can play backup 3DS ROMS with GATEWAY 3DS, which supports all 3DS ROMs to date and works on 3DS & 3DS XL consoles.

The best r4 card to play ds and dsi games, I recommend the r4i gold 3ds card, this is the best r4 card. It is a wonderful cart for both 3DS and DSi, as well as the DS lite. No matter what you have, r4i gold 3ds will work for you. It runs the fantastic Wood kernel, giving it top notch game compatibility. For the price, it's hard to beat. And can updated when you update your 3ds or ds system, it is very popular. This card is more stable. Not as many problems as the others. You can buy preflashed r4i gold 3ds from http://r4i-3ds.com/www-r4ids-cn-r4ds-r4-ds-r4i-sdhc-r4i-gold-3ds-cards-c-26.html