1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4i 1.4 Will it work on 1.4.4e?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dare69, Dec 8, 2012.

1. dare69

dare69 Member

Ii bought a second hand dsi, which came with a r4i card (it has www.r4i-such.com on it, v1.4 too). Stupidly, I updates the dsi to the latest firmware last night, and now the console won't access the r4i card. I've upgraded the card with the latest software from the manufacturer.
    Do I need to buy a new flash card now?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

most likely you have killed a flash card you might need a new one does it boot on another ds

3. dare69

dare69 Member

That's the problem, I don't have access to another ds to test it. If the card is dead, which is the best one to buy for a dsi running 1.4.4e?

4. shalome

shalome Regular member

5. dare69

dare69 Member

Thanks for the advice. I've tracked down an old ds that I'll be able to try out the card on in a few days time. From what I understand, I may be able to update the firmware of the r4i to support 1.4.4. On the manufacturers website, I can't find links to firmware, only kernel downloads. Has anyone had any experience of doing this?
    Thanks again.

6. dare69

dare69 Member

Just a quick update. I contacted the card manufacturers, and they told me that a v1.4 cannot be upgraded to 1.4.4.
    Having got my hands on a ds, I tried anyway and the card is now upgraded and happily running on 1.4.4.
    My biggest question was where to find the latest firmware, but it turned out that that is embedded in the kernel files that are on the downloads page at www.r4i-sdhc.com
    Thanks for the help. Where is best for downloading backups?