1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had Department of Justice money pack virus. Now computer is acting strange. Could someone take a look at my hijackthis log?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by wheelstb, Dec 9, 2012.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Come-on wheels, I just know that is not over your head.. Smurfs ARE Blue. You can't "choke them 'til they turn blue" like the old saying goes....

i7 930 is about 2.8GHz + 6GB ram should be enough to handle what you're loaded with.

I am running a AMD x4 960T unlocked to 6 cores and OC'd to 3.9GHz (4.5GHz Turbo), 8GB 1600 Ram with timing set to 7,7,7,20,27,1T - It benchmarks Muzzle to Butt with a i7 3930k for about $470 Less. I am a long time over clocker and just love to see what I can get out of one...

2oG

2. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I'm pretty short so, most things are over my head. So, you were planning to choke me indefinitely? :)

It's all starting to come back to me. I quit with the routine maintenance because I was going to reformat, I was going to reformat after I updated the BIOS. I was going to update the bios to fix my hard drive problem and overclock. I think I decided not to overclock because last time I tried it with my first build (an Intel-based motherboard ) I broke the motherboard and had to get a new one. It was a huge pain in the neck but I did wind up upgrading my system.

If I do overclock is it okay to do a small overclock using the stock
    fan? I don't really want to mess with installing a separate cooler. I like you sort of just enjoy the tinkering.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I don't waste my time on "small" and heat is your enemy. I never "Tinker" that would be like trying to fix my watch without knowing the meaning of Isochronism... [​IMG]

2oG

4. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

You're right. The payoffs from a small overclock is not worth the amount of heat that it would produce. I keep my computer in my bedroom which is small and hot anyway so it's probably a doubly bad idea.