1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Media 9001s Satellite Receiver [HD-M 9001s]

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MICKAH, Dec 14, 2012.

1. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Hi, I dont mate sorry, you would need to contact the guys you bought it from, have you tried a chan file on this box? If not, let me know and I can load mine if you like, all my chans work fine, your dish could be out slightly that the tuner on the box is having a issue with it, possibly, but let me know and I will load the chan file, so you cab flash the box with it, have you updated the box with the latest firmware?

2. stevejol

stevejol Member

Mate, if you could upload your chan list that would be great, downloaded the editor from your earlier post, but would be easier to start with something rather than from scratch!

3. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Below is a file, load to a stick, plug it into the box, the box will pick it up as an update, just select and let it update, the box will turn on and off and the chans, favs etc will be in order,

https://hotfile.com/dl/194711783/1c583fd/FDU_130216.fdu.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  4. stevejol

stevejol Member

Thanks for this mate. The tuner on this box is definitely not as forgiving as that on the old sly box. Certain channels which I know worked fine on the original box this box's tuner still struggling, I will buy a signal checker and fiddle with dish alignment as that must be the issue... Well that or the lnb

5. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Steve, I did find on my set up, certain chans would be bad some days and not others, was the same on the any box I tried, could my dish is a tad out, but other chans work perfect

6. pityyoufools

pityyoufools Member

Hi Mickah, got one of these from your recommendation.
    The box is very compact and the picture quality is excellent. But I am having problems with the EPG.
    Most of the channels don't show information about what is on or what is coming on next. Its the same in the EPG. Its impossible to plan what to watch!
    Is this a non issue? I noticed you have asked for an updated EPG will this help?
    Thanks
    Pity You Fools

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

The EPG are now and next on these boxs and most boxs,I did ask but I havent recd a response on it,

What you can do is change the on screen setting for info, meaning you can increase the amount of time the info bar is on screen, mine is set to 8 secs and this allows the chan data to load

8. pityyoufools

pityyoufools Member

Hi again Mickah,
    Is there any good add ons or plugins you could suggest for this box?

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I have asked to see if the 1chan app can be added this is with them at present, it is the same as the UAKINO one on it (which there are english films on this if you change the lang setting) its a Linux box but not open source firmware so the line stops with the developers, have you tried adding any more internet TV chans to this manually? via the Internet TV section, haven't tried it myself, but I am sure you can add the url etc and try it

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

11. pityyoufools

pityyoufools Member

Hi Mickah,

Have that firmware already. I also noticed that some other boxes look the exact same and have the same model number (Fontis hs 7119) eg. xeobox 7119, openbox s4 pro + hd, Octagon SF-918 SE+ Difference, Skyways nano2, and a few others.
    Some of these boxes have much nicer looking firmware with the same f/w number.I tried to load the openbox one but i get error 10.
    You can see an example of this nicer looking graphics on our box. Menu-> Plugin -> Start spcs, once started press ok. It just looks nicer!
    Anyway is there anyway we can load these firmware on our box? Or can you ask the people that know if we can.
    Thanks.

Also I thing enigma 2 can run off usb on these type of boxes. I am trying to find out more.

Pityyoufools

12. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I think the firmware is coming from the same place for these boxs, as the apps on this are the same as those boxs you mention, I can ask, but at the mo not getting much feedback to a few other questions I have asked

13. dinaraf

dinaraf Member

hi
    i am new to this forum. just bought this box (hd media 9001 s).i did some thing with plugins. so now all the free chanels are fine. but rest of all are scrambled. can any one help me in this

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you need to be more specific on what you have done and whats happend, reinstall the plugins via the link I provided a page or so back or via the box menu

15. pityyoufools

pityyoufools Member

New firmware available for the box HS 2.11.49

It has added tv portal + and the possibility of VLC streaming and controlling the box from a smart phone in the future.
    Looks promising!
    Go to menu - download - software - select new firmware and press the red button. Make sure and have a usb drive or HDD attached.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

U get any further with the Enigma addon? When you flashed the biox, did yoiu have re0-enter in your line details?

17. harbour

harbour Member

Hi there.
    i have not been around for a while..
    will this little babe work in Ireland. with N3 in the background.
    i am on ( i hate saying it upc ).. Crapheads..
    and i am looking to get away from them again.
    colud someone let me know want is the best little babe to get and were..
    thanks lads keep up the good work.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  18. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

always liked cinderella. think she is just fab. hope this helps

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

This box is a sat box, not a cable box

20. johnbro

johnbro Member

Hi Guys
    I recently bought HD Media Satellite, its charges for one year. Is there a way to charge it my self, like those guys take a lot of money to do that.

John