1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony tv setup?

Discussion in '3D TV' started by 0MAR, Dec 14, 2012.

1. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

I bought a sony 3d tv and the glasses for it because i like when i watch 3d movies at the movie theater but when i watch movies i dont see the 3d as good as at the theater for example at the theater you see the 3d effects right in front of ur face but at home i barely see the stuff coming out of the screen. I try putting the tv farther away from where i sit to watch the tv and i notice the 3d is a little better but is all the way back i cant move it any farther but the 3d still not good enough i rather watch the movies in 2d is there any special settings in the tv menu that i have to set or is there certain distance and height u have to have the tv for it to work good because at the theater near or far the movies still look good?

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

What did it say in the manual that came with the TV as far as setting it up? Are those the correct glasses for your TV?

3. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

The manual dont say anything about any specific settings and the glasses r the right ones i got from the sony web site is there any settings that make the picture come out of the screen more or less?

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I guess a lot depends on if the cable provider is transmitting a 3D signal for the movie you are watching.

I found this tutorial on youtube for setting up a Sony 3D TV.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gylNST_Qdg

5. palyniam

palyniam Member

I know this maybe a daft question but have you turned the glasses on.

6. palyniam

palyniam Member

7. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Yes that might help.

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

also another stupid question...... you have actually got a 3d film or a 3d channel to view? normally 3d films are side by side so when you press play on the movie you should see two images exactly the same on your tv, then you press a button on your remote to activate the 3d, this then brings the image together making it 3d with your glasses on