1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My usb flash drive is not supported by my dvd player!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by anna3232, Dec 26, 2012.

1. anna3232

anna3232 Member

Hello,
    I just bought a Sandisk usb flash drive. I copied a video file from my computer onto the usb and then tried to play it on my dvd player. When the screen came on, it recognized my usb but the file was nowhere to be found. On the computer it shows up though. So I followed an online suggestion to reformat my usb so my dvd player can locate the video file. However, I made matters worse..now my dvd player does not support my usb at all. Also, the red Sandisk icon on my computer is gone! All I see when I plug in my flash drive in my computer is "Removable disk (F)". How can I fix this and be able to play the video on my dvd player??

2. attar

attar Senior member

Generally, double clicking My Computer lists the drives.
    You can highlight the drive and either rename it or select Properties and rename it there.
    I'm guessing you formatted the drive and wiped out a hidden icon file and the autorun.inf file.

If the drive is formatted fat32 and the file is visible and plays on the PC, check the DVD player manual and verify that it wants a fat32 formatted drive.
    If it doesn't give that information. Google the model and see if the info turns up.

[​IMG]

Hidden files on my flash drive - these can be recreated if required - although you might have to settle for a generic icon if you can't find a suitable Sandisk one.

[​IMG]

Note my Duracell drive with a generic icon that I put on it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. anna3232

anna3232 Member

Hi, thanks for the info. However, ever since I tried to reformat from NTFS to FAT32, my entire usb drive is not supported by my dvd player. When I plug my usb into the dvd player, it says "USB not supported." That is one issue.

The second issue is I have the option of NTFS or Exfat..there is no option for FAT32. My usb is a 64gb, is that too big for FAT32? (this is what i have heard). I found an online tool that converts exFAT to FAT32, but when I try to do it, it says "The process cannot access the file because it is in use by another process." Is that because of the formatting I tried in above paragraph? I checked to make sure nothing else was open, and it gives me the same message.

I checked the manual of my dvd player ONNDH300BUSB what format it accepts, but it does not say.

This is a brand new usb drive and a brand new dvd player. Please help.

4. attar

attar Senior member