1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading sd card with everything behaving the same?

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by oneguy, Jan 1, 2013.

1. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

Hello, I just got a new bigger sd card for my htc evo 3d and I was wondering how can I transfer everything from my old smaller sd card to the newer bigger sd card and still keep everything as it was on my old sd card? I turned the phone off and took out the old sd card, put it in my pc and copied all the data into a folder, put in the new bigger sd card and copied all the data from the folder on my desktop into the new bigger sd card, put the newer bigger sd card into phone, powered it on and aside from all the apps working like normal, all of my music playlists and assigned mp3 custom ringtones are gone. The mp3's themselves are on the sd card but none of my contacts have an assigned ringtone and all of the playlists I made are also gone... I tried to simply clone the old sd card but my acronis doesn't see the sd card as a drive to clone. What am I doing wrong? How can I do this right? please help.

2. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

Did you remove your old sD card while your phone was on? This could have removed the links to your ringtones, etc.

In any case, you would need to set all your pertaining data to the files on your sD anew since the settings data has been lost.

3. oneguy

oneguy Regular member

Well I still have the old sd card and every time I put it in all my ringtones and playlists come back. So, I'm thinking there should be a way.