1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Blu-Ray made simple

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by threebzzz, Jan 4, 2013.

1. threebzzz

threebzzz Member

I found that using DvdFab 9.0.1.6 is all you really need. Insert Blu-Ray into appropriate drive. Start the DvdFab program and click on Blu Ray copy in the copy section of the home screen, then wait for DvdFab to open the movie. Once the movie is open you should be on the screen that gives you the choice to copy the full disc or the main movie, I use just the main movie(program may automatically be on this tab already). Now this part is important, underneath the window on this page that shows you the source(which again is auto detected by the program)and the movie chapters(only the first one in this list should be marked) you should notice a drop down that is labeled: Output, this you want to change to BD25 1080p/i, this will compress the movie to fit on a 25gb Blu-ray blank media. Dont worry about the quality % going down. I did Dark Knight Returns and Madagascar 3 so far then compared them to the originals, believe me there is no difference whatsoever. Then underneath the output selection is the option where to "save to" I save it to the same drive I am using to copy the movie, this drive MUST be capable of both reading and writing Blu-Ray which should already make sense to you. Then just click on the next button, then the start button and let the program go to work for you .At this point the program should be analyzing the movie and then it will start the copy process automatically When the copying process is done you will then need take the original ouot of the drive and insert the blank blu-ray into this same drive. It may take an hour or 2 depending on which movie you are trying to back up but the simplicity of the program is well worth the wait. I would suggest closing any other apps you may have running as these will slow the entire process down. Sorry if it seems like I am running on, I am just trying to bring some simplicity to all of this Blu-Ray stuff.

2. red44car

red44car Member

Hi threebzzz

I have downloaded a trial version of DvdFab 9.0.2.2 and have tried unsuccessfully to backup Cars 2 3D. It will analyze the disc, but when it comes time to burn I get an error "unable to burn disc, try again?" I am wondering if it is because this movie is a 3D version. Btw... I only try to copy the main movie not the entire bluray.

Have you by any chance successfully copied any 3D movies?

3. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

Being 3D doesn't make a difference, data is data, it doesn't matter that it's 3D. That said, what process are you using? Are you ripping the Blu-ray to your computer first? Are you sure the file size of the movie will fit on the disc you're using? Are you using 25GB discs or 50GB discs?

Personally, I use Blu-ray Rebuilder, I find it does a better job at maintaining picture quality when shrinking a disc, there's a lot of quality tweaking options for when you have to shrink a disc. I also use AnyDVD to remove copy protection from the Blu-ray discs, it's updated all of the time, so you're never stuck with a disc that can't be cracked.

4. red44car

red44car Member

Hi Joe_1981

"Top Ten reviews" did a bluray burning software roundup where they compared 9 software titles http://blu-ray-burning-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Under the features listed only three of these titles were listed as 3D bluray rippers.

In my case, I have been trying to squeeze the main movie onto a 25 gig disc with dvdfab which does not seem to be working for me although the program seems to be pretty straight forward

Perhaps I will try Bluray Rebuilder to see if I can get better results

Thanks for your input