1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB media playback through USB

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rocks911, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Rocks911

Rocks911 Member

I am in the market for a new flat panel TV. I need one for a workout room I'm putting together.
    I need a television with a USB port that I can plug anything from a flash drive to a portable hard drive in and have it play back media.
    I have had experiences with the newer LG sets and I'm somewhat familiar with Samsungs software that comes with their Bluray players (The same software is used on their TV's to play content from a flash drive or portable hard drive) and its kind of hit-and-miss.
    Some videos will play, MKV's and AVI's for example but other wont (DVD TS structure)

I'm wanting to purchase a smaller LCD or LED for a workout room that I'm putting together and my only source of content will be DVD's that I've ripped onto a flash drive. So the idea is plug in the drive, access the workout video, and work out.

So can someone tell me who has the best playback capabilities?
    Sharp was terrible, it wouldnt let me play back much...of course that was several months ago, not sure if that has improved.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i have a sony and it has usb inputs but its kinda hit and miss. i stream most content through my ps3.