1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD channels freezing on Blade

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by faruqi, Jan 11, 2013.

1. faruqi

faruqi Member

I am having problems with Blade receiver as all my HD & non HD channels keep freezing for 10 to 15 seconds regularly.
    Please if anyone have any idea or a solution to sort this problems will be great help.
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Faruqi

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum due to poster's blindness as not a news issue.

3. Kiaora

Kiaora Member

Either you dish is out of line and you have a poor signal or your have slow internet speed, but more often than not your server is overloaded. Try your box on another dish at someone elses house or try your line on another box.

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

check ECM

5. faruqi

faruqi Member

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I will need to have the dish checked soon. Thank you. Please tell me what is ECM as well.
    Regards,
    Faruqi

6. darn24p

darn24p Regular member

sounds like a server issue as im sure if its the dish it would come up no signal like on most boxes or i have noticed in some ppls house that have low internet speeds that it happens if some 1 on pc or downloading stuff

7. faruqi

faruqi Member

Hello darn24p,
    My broadband is with SKY and the speed is 8Mbps, which I think is pretty good.
    These freezing of the picture and sound is defiantly is the signals problems as I have to use Forward Path Attenuator from 3dB to 20dB., but to do this will stabilise the picture on some available channels and those channels are available looses the picture. It is the dish location has gone wrong.
    First step I need to take action to sort out my dish, if this cure the problems then I will be happy to enjoy watching TV.

Regards,
    Faruqi

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

how does free to air channels work? bbc 1 2, itv and channel 4 etc?

9. faruqi

faruqi Member

Hi,
    Freeview channels works fine on the Sky receiver. The Sky receiver is just an excellent receiver, even the dish is bit out of alignment even then the channels works fine. On the sky box you can check the signals strength as well, but unfortunately not on the Blade.
    Regards,
    Faruqi

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

no he ment does the FTA chans work on the blade such BBC, ITV etc? if they do, then it could be your line provider or server overload

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

aye

12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

so if channels work fine on the sky box why would you think dish isnt in line? the blade is a really good box and your dish does not move once you swap the boxes over, i would get on to your c-line supplier as the sky box is excellent at picking up channels then the blade also should be

13. faruqi

faruqi Member

Yes BBC1/HD ,ITV/HD, Ch4/HD, BBCHD they all works fine, except for Ch5HD. I have been keep telling my subs provider and he knows about this problems but he says the subs is okay. I think I need to find some other provider who is more reliable who can provide better subs.

I have bought a meter to set-up or check my dish as well. I hope to get this device by the end of this week. I will then be able to check my dish to be sure of one thing is correct.
    I tell you this freezing and loss of sound is very annoying.
    I have also ask SKY broadband to check my router and line and they told me everything is working fine. Well we will hope to find the solution one days.
    regard,
    Faruqi

14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

copied and pasted from elsewhere
    Is there a way to test your ecm times on this box???
    Dont think so mate..

can anyone shed any light on this? surely you can find ECM on a blade?

15. faruqi

faruqi Member

I suspect my dish because the man was fixing my gutter and he has hit the dish about two months ago, so I thought it is better to check the dish for the satisfaction sake. I am hoping to do this next week.

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

well if it were the dish the rest of the chans would be the same FTA and encrypted, glitching, something tells me its your cline supplier running a overloaded system and your being fed a horeshit sandwich, why dont you get a test line from elsewhere and this will reveal if its the cline or dish, but if your FTA chans are working fine then its not your dish